Meter Registration Service ???!!!

Options

Comments

• BESUtilities
    BESUtilities Posts: 13 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi dfb,

We're sorry to hear you're having some problems with your BES contract, which will have been agreed via an independent broker and not directly with BES.

We want to get this resolved for you as soon as possible, so please would you send your details to [EMAIL="forums@besutilities.co.uk"]forums@besutilities.co.uk[/EMAIL] ? Please provide your address or supply information, along with your preferred contact details, so that we can investigate and get in touch with you.

Thank you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BESUtilities. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TMOD
    Options
    I have to admit to being slightly confused here. I was reading about issues with one company using 01229228006 and other numbers ending in 006 which as far as I can tell don't relate to this BES company at all but rather some dodgy company in manchester. It appears to me that Neil-UK had hijacked this thread for some other purpose...
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TMOD wrote: »
    I have to admit to being slightly confused here. I was reading about issues with one company using 01229228006 and other numbers ending in 006 which as far as I can tell don't relate to this BES company at all but rather some dodgy company in manchester. It appears to me that Neil-UK had hijacked this thread for some other purpose...

Have you had difficulties with any of the various companies mentioned in this thread, or are you planning on doing business with any of them?

If not then I wouldn't worry about it. If you are then I suggest it is worth researching further.

(I don't think Neil-UK was the first to mention BES in this thread - e.g see posts 95 and 213 - so I don't think it is fair to say he hijacked this thread.)
  • gp1_2
    Options
    Just started to get the same problem, been going on for a couple of weeks and all we did was to change the company phone number as a result of technical issues.
    When the guy phoned today I got his full name: "Jamie Jackson". Believe that, you believe anything. I have also confirmed with our current electricity supplier about our current contract and rate. They said this scam is going on all the time, they can be very persuasive. "JJ" just hung up when I started to tell him he should check his story. Can't wait for the next encounter.
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been getting a 'meter registration company ' calling more or less every day for the past 2 weeks.
    They say my meter isn't registered.Not surprising as my business doesn't have it's own meter,it's a shared supply in someone elses name.
    I keep telling them this but it doesn't get thru.
    I'd noticed all the calls came from different ( but fairly local ) numbers so I asked todays caller if they were working from home and they admitted they were.
    I tried calling their so called head office on 01612105182 but it doesn't get answered just a message and then it cuts off.

I've tried swearing at them,leaving them dangling on the line while I return to work but nothing puts them off.
    There must be something we can do ?
  • neil-uk
    neil-uk Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 18 November 2014 at 5:59PM
    Options
    TMOD wrote: »
    ...... far as I can tell don't relate to this BES company at all but rather some dodgy company in manchester. It appears to me that Neil-UK had hijacked this thread for some other purpose...

Who pulls your strings?

Nearly all the complaints made about the company in question have identical claims relating to the 13+ pages of complaints on this website. Those complaints being continuous phone calls, from numerous landlines, aggressive natured, high pressure sell and so forth.

Those are the experiences I personally had, and what has been reported elsewhere.

The other odd thing is that the formentioned company are nearly always reported to be the supplier with whom the victim of the 'Meter Registration Service' has ended up in contract with.

If one joins the dots together a picture begins to form an interesting version of events.... Unless it's the sort of person that enjoys trolling forums for numbers ending with 006...
  • GAnco1
    Options
    The announcement from Ofgem said theyd investigate BES but this one from last week for ScottishPower seems alot more serious??

ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/scottishpower-must-meet-ofgem’s-customer-service-targets-or-face-sales-ban
  • Malactind
    Options
    GAnco1 wrote: »
    The announcement from Ofgem said theyd investigate BES but this one from last week for ScottishPower seems alot more serious??

ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/scottishpower-must-meet-ofgem’s-customer-service-targets-or-face-sales-ban

yes, there are loads of them on Ofgems website. I haven’t heard of Economy energy but look at this one (not sure how long they have been around)

ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/economy-energy-provisional-order
  • neil-uk
    neil-uk Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2014 at 3:49AM
    Options
    Two users each with one post, who both joined the forum today have within 2.5 hours of eachother both appeared to trawl the Ofgem website and provide links to BES rivals who also have investigations.....

For more amusement (or should that be bemusement) the Poster of #269 even goes to the efforts to thank the Poster of #268...

This would now be 3 users who have joined this forum in the last week, who have posted on this thread, once, on they day they've joined in apparent attempt to cloud criticism over BES..... I shall make no further comment than that....
  • Thavy81
    Options
    I was with Opus and they did the exact same thing to me.

I have a small shop and get constantly over charged. Every morning, I now dred opening my shop. So much hassle to deal with.

I think about it all the time, dont worry though, youll get it sorted. I’m thinking about switching supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure