🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• MiraculousM
    Options
    i wish i lived so close to an airport!
  • Bige_2
    Options
    Its got to be light with a Ryan air hand ludgage allowance of only 10 KG, you dont want wheels, or retractable metal handles, but you do want the full 55 x 40 x 20 size and 44 litre capacity. I have found that Amazon seemed to have the best choice, but make sure to check the weight of the bag as well as the dimensions, some weigh as much as 3Kg.
    I found a "cabin Max" bag for the exact maximum dimensions, and weighs only 600 grammes, (but avoid the one with the retractable handle that weighs a lot more !) on sale at 19.99.

All the budget airlines check the size / weight of the hand ludgage and they will nail you for the big money at the boarding gate...so be warned:eek::eek:
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree Bige. Even though I am disabled and have difficulty walking, I still use hand luggage without wheels or retractable handle.

I have seen some websites claim that their bags (in excess of 44 Litres) are still Ryanair compatible, which is nonsense of course!! And, to be really pedantic, Ryanair-sized bags do not have a 44 litre capacity because the material they are made of is not of zero thickness!
  • gogzee
    Options
    Found a site called Luggagehut after a bit of trawling. Good range of prices and most of the light stuff.
    I think we've all had a cheap luggage experience and when you're in a rush with places to go it's the last thing you need to see the wheels fly off across check in!
    Pay a bit more and it will last you years, most decent cases have 5-10 year warranties.
    Oh and always check cabin allowances as it seems like most of them change from week to week.
  • MiraculousM
    Options
    lkmc01 wrote: »
    I am also interested if anyone has this bag. Has anyone thought about buying one and taking it to the airport purely to measure it in the metal cases for ryan air? :rotfl:

I just thought i would report back. I went on the flight this weekend. At stansted, they didnt even look at the bags (a woman in front of me blatantly had two massive bags and noone said anything to her). In my fear, i didnt dare go near a cage in front of ryanair reps. On the way back from eindhoven, unlike previous experiences from this airport, they didnt make me put the bag in the cage nor did they weigh it (to be fair though, i think its as they were busy).

I found a cage after security and despite bulging, the bag slipped in effortlessly, and fit perfectly, with room to spare!

I am so happy that my search for the perfect ryanair cabin case is over. Shame that this particular one is no longer onsale in argos!
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I hope this link works, just to show everyone the sub zero g suitcase in the ryanair cage. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73244788@N04/sets/72157628654369911/ I made a special trip to check it.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    lkmc01 wrote: »
    I am also interested if anyone has this bag. Has anyone thought about buying one and taking it to the airport purely to measure it in the metal cases for ryan air? :rotfl:
    check my pictures above. hope they help.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • Jaxt
    Jaxt Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Very reassuring to see the case in the cage great, will go buy one now .:j
  • nadene_2
    Options
    I have just bought this from Ebay, I am hoping it will do the trick. I will keep you updated after my trip with Ryanair next week: Sorry can't post a link so you will have to google it: Business Laptop Bag- Wheels Handle Pockets Compartments‏
    Heavy duty polyester
    Measures EXACTLY 55cm x 40cm x 20cm
    Side zip for easy loading/access
    Front zipped pocket - Perfect for documents/passports
    Quality telescopic handle
    2 top carry handles with velcro fastening
    ULTRA lightweight - just 1.2kgs!!!
    High quality skate wheels
    Skid base points to protect base of bag
    Dimensions - 55cm x 40cm x 20cm
    Weight - 1.2kg
    I have just seen the Sub Zero one and it looks good too - it is currently half price at argos too... It is a bit heavier than the Ebay one I have bought.
    Happy travelling everyone
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nadene wrote: »
    I have just bought this from Ebay, I am hoping it will do the trick. I will keep you updated after my trip with Ryanair next week: Sorry can't post a link so you will have to google it: Business Laptop Bag- Wheels Handle Pockets Compartments‏
    Heavy duty polyester
    Measures EXACTLY 55cm x 40cm x 20cm
    Side zip for easy loading/access
    Front zipped pocket - Perfect for documents/passports
    Quality telescopic handle
    2 top carry handles with velcro fastening
    ULTRA lightweight - just 1.2kgs!!!
    High quality skate wheels
    Skid base points to protect base of bag
    Dimensions - 55cm x 40cm x 20cm
    Weight - 1.2kg
    I have just seen the Sub Zero one and it looks good too - it is currently half price at argos too... It is a bit heavier than the Ebay one I have bought.
    Happy travelling everyone

Here is the link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ryanair-Cabin-Flight-Holdall-Travel-Hand-Luggage-Wheels-/250850371142

I bought something similar from a Total petrol Station for £10!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport