Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• SkaterBwoii
    Options
    If you really want to satisfy Ryanair, have cabin baggage within their limits and also have a high quality durable bag I would suggest buying their 'Samsonite Cabin Bag' directly from them on their website.

Using this would therefore mean that you are conforming to all of their regulations etc...
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you really want to satisfy Ryanair, have cabin baggage within their limits and also have a high quality durable bag I would suggest buying their 'Samsonite Cabin Bag' directly from them on their website.

Using this would therefore mean that you are conforming to all of their regulations etc...

At £69.00 !!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought 2 of these on Ebay. do not touch them with a barge poll. The first time we wheeled them out of the house the wheels collapsed on both, leaving us with having to carry our 10KG allowance, not nice. I am in contact with the seller trying to get a refund
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • janeinsheffield
    janeinsheffield Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 August 2011 at 12:17PM
    Options
    just ordered this.. looks fab and 20% off this weekend (sure they'll repeat it)..

from bags . co . uk for £42 plus p&p but there was 20% off

Sub Ø G 2nd Generation Worlds Lightest19" Sub O Trolley Case22-0588-001 19 SUB ZERO G WORLDS LIGHTEST COLLECTION!
    NEW IMPROVED GENERATION 2!
    ultra strong material
    fibre glass structure
    front zip storage pockets
    fully lined
    10 year guarantee
    54cm x 36cm x 20.5cm exterior
    49cm x 34cm x 18cm interior
    34 litre capacity
    ONLY 1.63 KG!

it's so light I can take more shoes yippee!!
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jane, ryanair's small dimension is 20cm, that is 0.5cm too thick and would be a problem with the cardboard box luggage checker.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Karfy
    Karfy Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to buy a rucksack that fits the measurements I would recommend this one from Kathmandu http://www.kathmandu.co.uk/Packs_&_Luggage/Travel_Packs_&_Luggage/40381/Litehaul_Pack.html

I've used it 4 times on ryanair flights and never had a problem, it has fit the luggage checker fine. Even though now reading the measurements it says 52x29x 23cm which is a little bit out. Its always been fine.

Katharine
  • madelaine
    madelaine Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    We bought two of these of ebay.

2608209583956464_1.jpg

cabin wheeled hand luggage easyjet, bmi baby,55x40x20 (260820958395)

Used them a couple of weeks ago, they passed the Ryanair cage test, they where really strict at the gate made everyone put the bag in cage and if it didn't fit charged £40, they are really good, you can pack loads in them, and very light.
  • Worriedmummy
    Options
    Hi guys, I know this thread has been going on a while, but just wondered if anyone has tried the 5cities cabin trolleys on ryanair? I've borrowed some from a friend who has used them on a ryanair flight and amazon state that are fine are ryanair.. But guess I'm a bit paranoid now and haven't got a tape measure.
    Thanks
    2012 wins = £933 :j
    2013 wins so far = £4,025 :j

July wins: Holiday to Marbella :j
  • mcunniffe74
    Options
    as a regular flyer with this airline don't take any chances remember you still have to fit any mags and handbag into this before boarding they are horrendous at most airport staff are very bad for checking everyone's bag
    buy a portable weighting scales and keep with you for travelling .i have seen some folks getting very upset at boarding trying to sort themselves out .flew with bmi recently and found you cant have a tweezers in your hand luggage so i went back out of security and posted them back to myself for a small sum of a envelope and stamp instead of losing my £15.00 tweezers
  • d14doc
    d14doc Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't think they would make you go back through security to check the bag in at the checkin desk. They don't open the boarding gate and start checking your hand luggage until the last minute, so there is no way they/you would have time for that. They would simply charge you and put the luggage into the hold with the buggies etc at the boarding gate. Or I have heard that they charge you £40, then put the luggage into the overhead lockers anyway!!

From experience, they are really strict about fitting luggage into the gauge. Our plane even missed our timeslot at Palma airport so they could robotically check everyones luggage. Must have cost them loads in extra ground charges, cos we were then delayed by about an hour!!

Also, we bought "meal deals" in the Boots in the airport. We were trying to squeeze everything into our luggage, but the girl just asked us to take our stuff out of the boots carrier bag, and hold it in our hand. Apparantly, you are allowed to carry stuff, just not in a bag! Daft or what?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure