Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it still available ?

Thanks
    2010 wrote: »
    That`s smaller than the Sports Direct Dunlop one but they have the same size for £7-99
    2010 Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Is it still available ?

Thanks

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-trolley-case-709009

These are available in all the Sports Direct shops on the high street.

If you click on the size (now showing 16 inches) from the drop-down menu, you can change it to the size you require and it updates the price.

Next size up is 20 inches at £9-99.
  • adindas
    Options
    Thank you for the info
    I think this is a better option as it is slightly bigger. But I have bought mine anyway ......

2010 wrote: »
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-trolley-case-709009

These are available in all the Sports Direct shops on the high street.

If you click on the size (now showing 16 inches) from the drop-down menu, you can change it to the size you require and it updates the price.

Next size up is 20 inches at £9-99.
  • Munro_Bagger
    Munro_Bagger Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just bought a Skyflite 'transit 2010' (44cm x 31cm x 17cm - 23 litres) for £15. Company I bought it from was Milan Accessories, The Gates Shopping Centre, Durham. They do have an ebay shop presence. Weighs about 2.3-2.4kg.
  • adindas
    Options
    I think the weigh of 2.4 Kg is a disadavtange, as many budget airlines will only allow max 10 KG cabin luggage.
    I've just bought a Skyflite 'transit 2010' (44cm x 31cm x 17cm - 23 litres) for £15. Company I bought it from was Milan Accessories, The Gates Shopping Centre, Durham. They do have an ebay shop presence. Weighs about 2.3-2.4kg.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I think the weigh of 2.4 Kg is a disadavtange, as many budget airlines will only allow max 10 KG cabin luggage.

It would certainly put me off, adindas.

I use a rucksack that is very lightweight, although i do appreciate that not everybody can carry 10kgs in that way.
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Picked up a handheld luggage scale in Poundland yesterday to check the bags are all OK coming back. Thought it might be useful to others going handluggage only! They had quite a lot of travel items including adaptor plugs (twin pack of Euro/America), padlocks etc. I bought a bumbag in there too for 50p that I will use for my travel docs and passports as the bags don't have a separate compartment. I am hoping that DH will wear this though so I don't look too much of a wally.
  • adindas
    Options
    Me too I do not want to buy a cabin suitcases or bag where the weight of the bags itself is already over 2Kg. My Laptop is already 2.0 Kg + I sometimes take spare battery with me as well ...

The problem with rucksack apart from carrying on your back, it is not appropriate for some people, take for instance Old people, working ladies. Also look like people are going for camping, etc. But it all depends from person to person, etc ...

Pollycat wrote: »
    It would certainly put me off, adindas.

I use a rucksack that is very lightweight, although i do appreciate that not everybody can carry 10kgs in that way.
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Another thing that others in our situation may not have thought about... Ryanair allow a buggy carried free of charge (taken off you as you board the plane), so if you have a child that is no longer in a buggy you can take the buggy as a luggage trolley. DS hasn't used the buggy since he was 2 but I am considering taking one if it looks like our bags are going to be a pain to carry.
  • sjg666
    sjg666 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Just thought I'd come back and update.

Used this a couple of weeks ago flying Ryanair to Rome and had absolutely no problems. My boyfriends bag got weighed but mine didn't as I didn't look as though I was "struggling" despite my bag being heavier than his (though not over the 10kg). PLENTY of room... even had some spare despite overpacking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure