Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a case from B&M for £9.99. It had a sticker on that said it was suitable hand luggage size for all major airlines. I flew with ryanair last week and it fit in within the guidelines easily. They are very strict about measuring cases as you board. They didn't weight them though. It's also worth saying that my partner had a backpack on his back and they didn't bother measuring that even though it was actually bigger than my case!
  • soil_2
    soil_2 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    I got a case from B&M for £9.99. It had a sticker on that said it was suitable hand luggage size for all major airlines. I flew with ryanair last week and it fit in within the guidelines easily. They are very strict about measuring cases as you board. They didn't weight them though. It's also worth saying that my partner had a backpack on his back and they didn't bother measuring that even though it was actually bigger than my case!

Backpacks are a better choice for hand luggage. Some airlines will weigh your luggage, a small wheeled case can weigh 3.5kg, the frame and wheels take up too much space and the same sized backpack will be lighter and have much more capacity and is also more flexible for overpacking.

Say no to wheels!
  • moorhen_2
    moorhen_2 Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This should be very light and great value at 5.99:
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_19637.htm
    Officially at 56 x 24 x 36cm, if not fully packed then it should fit Ryanair (55 x 20 x 40cm)
  • luvvlyjubbly
    luvvlyjubbly Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks moorhen, think I'll be taking a trip to Aldi
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D
  • x__Indigo_x
    x__Indigo_x Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    moorhen wrote: »
    This should be very light and great value at 5.99:
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_19637.htm
    Officially at 56 x 24 x 36cm, if not fully packed then it should fit Ryanair (55 x 20 x 40cm)
    has anyone managed to get hold of one of these??x
    I am a full time Benefit and Money Adviser for a leading non profit charity and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer :)

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just back from our 5 day trip to Tallin via East Mids with Ryanair. The Wilkinson case I mentioned (Post #161) passed with flying colours and was light and easy to carry up steps and load onto luggage rack. Really pleased with it!
    Normal people worry me.
  • snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, I don't travel much so I don't know about this, but can I use a normal everyday rucksack as long as it fits in the measurements and weight limit?

I googled something about loose straps etc not being allowed and so needs to bo covered with something?

Thanks
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Loose straps is more for hold luggage due to the converager belts that are used to transport bags around airport they might get caught
  • Canny_Scotsman
    Options
    Went looking for cases today - Tesco homestore had cases suitable for ryanir (19.5cm width) for £12 but Poundstretcher have currently got 50% off luggage and got a 45cm case which was marked at £8.99 and reduced further to £6.99! :)
  • nicebiscuits
    Options
    I have a bag that fits the dimensions exactly but it does not have a fastening at the top, so that it is completely open. It's the Orla Kielty bag from Tesco which they sold as a shopping bag. My question is do the bags have to close or not? Quite happy to wrap the contents in sealed carrier bag to stop spillage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure