Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• Padmy
    Options
    timbo1960 wrote: »
    Today, I bought the 20" Dunlop Trolley Case from a sportsdirect shop in Tamworth. With the handle on the top (not the expandable handle) it was about 1cm over the 55cm limit for RyanAir, all other measurements fell comfortably within the limits. I used a drill to take the tops off the two rivets holding the handle, unzipped the inner lining and pulled the rivets out allowing me to remove the handle completely. The measurement, with wheels etc. is now exactly 55cm. There are two small holes where the rivets used to be, but they are hardly visable at all and it only took me 10 minutes to complete the task.

I bought this one today and thought it would fit! :/ anyone else tried to get through ryanair bag check with this dunlop case?
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Padmy wrote: »
    I bought this one today and thought it would fit! :/ anyone else tried to get through ryanair bag check with this dunlop case?
    If it's the one that costs about £6.99, it's fine for Ryanair.
  • Padmy
    Options
    it's the £9.99... It's too big by 1cm! stupid handle... i'll have to return it and look for something else tomorrow
  • Greenthumb
    Options
    I grabbed some luggage for a recent trip from Luggagehut.co.uk

It came next day. I bought one of these "Worlds Lightest" cabin bags which although it seems almost too light has done me well the last 12 months. Ryan Air Cabin Baggage guidelines are pretty strict so make doubly sure to get a compatible case before leaving for the airport !:cool:
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greenthumb wrote: »
    I grabbed some luggage for a recent trip from Luggagehut.co.uk

It came next day. I bought one of these "Worlds Lightest" cabin bags which although it seems almost too light has done me well the last 12 months. Ryan Air Cabin Baggage guidelines are pretty strict so make doubly sure to get a compatible case before leaving for the airport !:cool:

Not sure that paying £44.95p for one piece of hand luggage is actually money-saving!
  • Greenthumb
    Options
    I bought my cabin luggage from Luggagehut.co.uk They've a good selection in stock and prices are good and they have a Ryanair section on the site as well. Ryanair Baggage
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greenthumb wrote: »
    I bought my cabin luggage from Luggagehut.co.uk They've a good selection in stock and prices are good and they have a Ryanair section on the site as well. Ryanair Baggage

You only posted yesterday, saying you bought from this site. Beginning to sound like an advert! Prices on the website are expensive, which is probably why you avoided saying how much you paid.
  • MiraculousM
    Options
    My parents got me a frenzy one.. its awesome and holds loads.. it has a little tear on it but has held up 4 long haul flights and 2 ryanair flights.

New thing at gatwick is that they make everyone put the bag into the frame, just as a warning. This bag fit properly. Also, i have never been told i have to put mags and food in the bag if bought from the airport..
  • MiraculousM
    Options
    I thought about getting this one too (as i really really liked the pattern and i love roxy stuff) but i think it might be too big. I am sure i saw someone on a ryanair flight from eindhoven with it though! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220881945354
  • ClintEastman
    Options
    Not sure that paying £44.95p for one piece of hand luggage is actually money-saving!

Depends on how long you expect to use it for! All the cheap luggage I have ever bought has been exactly that... Cheap.

My moto is Buy Cheap Buy Twice.

I have the 49cm one of these beauties - Worlds Lightest Collection

A few years and lots of flights later and it's still like new, well worth the investmant if you ask me. :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure