Married Quarters (MQ) Residents

Options

Comments

• Bigun28
    Bigun28 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been trying to get my cooker taken away for years now as the kids can operate the gas buttons on it. They just say that its my responsibility to keep an eye on them. Now the wife tried to use it yesterday and the oven wont work.

They are going to think I have broke it.

I've got a feeling that there is something that says you have to keep the cooker at the property and that they will not take it away.

I can remember some time ago that someone moved in to a MQ with some super cooker and wanted the old electric one removed. But they wouldn't take it away because they said it had to stay. So they disconnected it and stored it in the garage.
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    Randal wrote: »
    I've got a feeling that there is something that says you have to keep the cooker at the property and that they will not take it away.

I can remember some time ago that someone moved in to a MQ with some super cooker and wanted the old electric one removed. But they wouldn't take it away because they said it had to stay. So they disconnected it and stored it in the garage.
    I also know someone who did that. Just cost them the price of an electrician.

Our cooker is knackered, but they keep replacing parts on it from other old ones. :rolleyes:
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • NewbieMoneySaver**
    Options
    Thats what they said to me. Just keep repairing it until they can't anymore
    :oCurrent Debt £38,000:o

• kitchpoo
    kitchpoo Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Options
    The cooker issue - This is de to the cooker suppliers. When (and if) you get a new cooker, it comes with a warrenty from the manufacturer, they will only warrenty the cooker and supply new replacement parts whilst it remains at the original delivery address. They take serial numbers and check! This even seems to apply to out of warrenty replacement parts from the manufacturer.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    It's a pity that the warranty doesn't work on the windows and alot of us have to live in houses that have got condensation between glass.
  • NewbieMoneySaver**
    Options
    I completly agree with that mannews.

I have complained so many times about it but they just say ventilate. So basically you have to turn on thecentral heating when its closed then it gets warm you have to open the windows to let the cold in. Its a horrible circle.
    :oCurrent Debt £38,000:o

• kitchpoo
    kitchpoo Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Options
    Misted panes are really a big problem Part of the problem was at turn-around, in the 'good ole days', if it needed doing it just got done. Regardless of cost. Under the current arrangement a sealed unit is charged at around £170 per unit, so if your lounge had 3 blown panes, thats £510. The turnaround budget is currently £700 per property (excl. redec)! Misted panes are not deemed as a defect by MHS helpdesk though (on the same cost basis).

If you only have one pane - Are you sure that the grass cutters didnt catch it with their strimmer and break it?????
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldn't know how it's gone. We got two misted patio windows and a couple of windows upstairs. Have been told by neighbours pointless putting in the work service as they will not fix them. Here is another great one for you all. Moved back to Uk in March 08 and a couple of weeks later had the lino replaced in kitchen, the house had been empty for over a year. Moved in November after my husbands course and guess what had the lino replaced in the kitchen after the house had been empty for 2 months. Is there any chance that this sort of work can be done when the houe is empty so we don't have to keep moving furniture? Got to move it all back in tonight
  • RainbowBrite_3
    Options
    We've lived in our current quarter since Sept 2007.

I have reported a broken pane of glass in our window at least 9 times but because its the outside pane of glass apparently its not urgent. Doesnt help with the heat saving capabilities of double glazing does it!

Talking of heat saving abilities, we had our quarters regraded with rebates recently and it was discovered that we had over less than half of the minimum loft insulation. What with prices of gas and electric its a bit of a farce.

I wonder if phoning MHS would do anything!
  • Rainbow_Butterfly
    Options
    We were downgraded last summer to a D. I dont think we have much loft insulation at all.. whenever my hubby has been up there he says its absolutely freezing, and the things we have put up there have ice on them. Add that to the 1960's boiler and im sure this is one of the least effiecient houses going!

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport