Replies

• EmmEve wrote: »
    :eek: care to expand on that?

Which bit ? :rolleyes:
    This Space Is Available for Rent or For Sale. Please PM For Details. :D
  • EmmEveEmmEve Forumite
    260 posts
    Which bit ? :rolleyes:

The bit about paying NOT to complete works. Although nothing would surprise me these days :confused:
  • kitchpookitchpoo Forumite
    1.3K posts
    EmmEve wrote: »
    The bit about paying NOT to complete works. Although nothing would surprise me these days :confused:

I've got a contract whereby spend has to be agreed before a project is commenced. To obtain a price one contractor has the contract. If they quote and the funding isnt then forthcoming, the contractor still charges a percentage for the quoting and 'abortive works'.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • Thank you for your excellent advice on MSQ issues. I have a question but not to do with complaints.

My wife has been offered a new job. But it involves working from home. (Our MSQ). The job is running an office 2 hours away via phone and pc. Also involves sales etc of fuel but the house wont be registered as a office address or will anything turn up on our drive way?. What is the best procedure in notifying DHE and can you see there being any issues raised from this.

Many thanks

cunni884
  • kitchpookitchpoo Forumite
    1.3K posts
    I know of a few families who work from home, childminding, aromatherapy, party planning and often came across mail to companies in the empty properties. I dont think there is any issues to be particularly worried about.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • Marker_2Marker_2 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Hope this isnt a silly question, but when I private rented this was the case :)

If the lighting in Kitchen or Bathroom go do I ring MHS to come out for it and how long do you reckon it would take to get them out.
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • MarkeR wrote: »
    Hope this isnt a silly question, but when I private rented this was the case :)

If the lighting in Kitchen or Bathroom go do I ring MHS to come out for it and how long do you reckon it would take to get them out.
    Dumb q, but have you tried changing the light bulbs?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • MHS will only attend if you need a key / tools to remove the lamp.
    This Space Is Available for Rent or For Sale. Please PM For Details. :D
  • genieukgenieuk Forumite
    330 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Regarding running a business from home/qtr you have to apply for permission. Whether it be childminding cardmaking like myself currently, I applied in August still currently waiting my app has gone all over the island and I am still waiting.
    Mortgage
    June 2011 £145,943.13
    Dec 16 £74,537; Feb
    Aug 17 £59,399.96
    Nov 19 £0.00
  • cunni884 wrote: »
    Thank you for your excellent advice on MSQ issues. I have a question but not to do with complaints.

My wife has been offered a new job. But it involves working from home. (Our MSQ). The job is running an office 2 hours away via phone and pc. Also involves sales etc of fuel but the house wont be registered as a office address or will anything turn up on our drive way?. What is the best procedure in notifying DHE and can you see there being any issues raised from this.

Many thanks

cunni884

hi there:D

As she is not going to be slef employed (or is she?) I can;t see them being that bothered to be honest! I used to look after a mangers child whilst she worked 2 days in office 3 at home, and she def didn't tell anyone!!

But as I work from home and have been in 5 quarters since been self employed. I have always written to the Station Commander and housing people, and within 2 weeks had the all clear to work from home

As I'm a childminder, they wanted to know about ratios, hours, insurance

hope that helps
    it costs nothing to smile:D
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support