Married Quarters (MQ) Residents - Page 13

New Post Advanced Search

Married Quarters (MQ) Residents

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
421 replies 86.4K views

Replies

• BettiePageBettiePage Forumite
    4.6K posts
    They just keep postponing ours with emergencies. Methinks they need some more staff.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • kitchpookitchpoo Forumite
    1.3K posts
    BettiePage wrote: »
    They just keep postponing ours with emergencies. Methinks they need some more staff.

How much notice of postponement do you get?

And... they need a) more staff and b) pay them better.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • kitchpoo wrote: »

too true.

I used to work for DE working with / against MHS. Our HQ kept driving work together oh and audit them to hell so MHS cant stand the sight of you.

MHS will soon be doing everything for the FQ. I have heard they will soon take on allocating meaning the HICS will close and it will all relocate to Speake.
    This Space Is Available for Rent or For Sale. Please PM For Details. :D
  • EmmEveEmmEve Forumite
    260 posts
    I claimed compensation once. They've never been late again, what a bummer :rotfl:
    1.3K posts
    too true.

I used to work for DE working with / against MHS. Our HQ kept driving work together oh and audit them to hell so MHS cant stand the sight of you.

MHS will soon be doing everything for the FQ. I have heard they will soon take on allocating meaning the HICS will close and it will all relocate to Speake.

They cant/wont relocate - as HICs are too regional. Noone in Thetford is moving to Speke.

The other moves afoot is to do away with DE HO, and MHS doing it all. I believe the last newsletter/memo stated there was NO MOVE to do this and DE jobs were safe... but in the next breath mentioned they were in discussions with the unions! Doesnt sound like no action to me!

The move of DE to penalise MHS under the auspices of value for money and to attain what was agreed to in the contract was too much for me with the constrains placed upon me as a TO from spend limitations by MHS.

Whoever signed and undersold the contract really needs to realise what they have done!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • very true, tis a shoddy contract. But then the DE / DHE people who wrote did not even understand what the buisness needed, nor did they ask. It was so frustating to see my idiot of a boss trying to evauluate the submissions when he had no ideal what we did.

HO will be gone soon, the technical staff or rather whats left are being thinned so there life is limited.

I believe MHS had a DE commercial person removed as he caused to many problems.

I still think the HICs will be closed as well, in fact I have been told by MHS they are already looking at this are for expansion.

They are also looking to move into Scotland to take on the MQ from the RPC.

Where are you working now?
    1.3K posts
    I'm on the DE/USAF contract at Lakenheath, working for DE directly, and discovering what a vast difference an injection of American Cash can make on the service provided.

• I always liked the idea on working on the USAF contract but there is nothing in the midlands.

I jacked DE after the MHS contract disaster. Did you know DE paid MHS a good few million in the first year NOT to carry out work to the MQ. Shocking.

Im working on the DII/F project which is the other extreme to DE, too much communication lol
  • kitchpoo wrote: »

An hour or so, if we're lucky.

I wouldn't mind if it were genuine, but 3 times?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • EmmEveEmmEve Forumite
    260 posts
    I always liked the idea on working on the USAF contract but there is nothing in the midlands.

I jacked DE after the MHS contract disaster. Did you know DE paid MHS a good few million in the first year NOT to carry out work to the MQ. Shocking.

Im working on the DII/F project which is the other extreme to DE, too much communication lol

:eek: care to expand on that?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support