Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!

Options

Comments

• Ali660
    Ali660 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hia, we went to Florida in October for 2 weeks - there aren't many discounts available to UK Service Personnel except one free (annual) entry into Sea World for which you will need to present your ID card and your spouse's ID card to enter.

You'll find some wonderful advice and information on The Dibb website.

You sound like you have booked your accommodation already but if you haven't I can recommend Thomas Cook Staff Club which Service Personnel are entitled to use - they undercut Virgin and Thomas Cook quite significantly - we ended up saving £600.

Have a great holiday :j

Ali
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Thread here with mention of Florida...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=980909

Disney discounts are only for US personnel but Seaworld will give free entry for UK forces and if you are a member of AA then take your AA card with you as restaurants and hotels will give discounts where you see the AAA sign.
  • bargainboy
    Options
    Ali660 wrote: »
    Hia, we went to Florida in October for 2 weeks - there aren't many discounts available to UK Service Personnel except one free (annual) entry into Sea World for which you will need to present your ID card and your spouse's ID card to enter.

You'll find some wonderful advice and information on The Dibb website.

You sound like you have booked your accommodation already but if you haven't I can recommend Thomas Cook Staff Club which Service Personnel are entitled to use - they undercut Virgin and Thomas Cook quite significantly - we ended up saving £600.

Have a great holiday :j

Ali

hi where do you get the unfo for the Thomas Cook Staff Club/
    Bargain Boy
    No amount of money is worth more than good health
  • Ali660
    Ali660 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We found the details for Thomas Cook Staff Club in the MOD Forces Discount book (also online). We bargained against Virgin and Thomas Cook shop and got the price down from £3600 to £2995 - 2 weeks in Marriott Village, Lake Buena Vista including hire car. Breakfast was included so all in all we felt we got a good deal.

I didn't mention in my original email - although the parks do not offer military discount, definitely flash the ID cards wherever possible - we got good discounts in many stores including Nike.

Ali:j
  • sharky1378
    Options
    Hi Bush Gardens in Tampa is free to, It is part of the Seaworld Budweiser group. Everywhere you go ask do you give forces discount they normally give 10-20% off even hotels. But food vouchers are everywhere out there so wont really need to flash the ID. You can call at shades of green hotel its a American Forces Hotel not to far from Disney and they sell all the tickets at the same price the American services get them for so worth a look and send them a email iI did.
    www.shadesofgreen.org:T
    Sharky1378:eek:
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
  • denzil13
    Options
    It was about 10 years back but whilst on exped to Kenya we stayed at the Aberdares Country Club, Naro Moru River Lodge, The Ark and the Safari Park Hotel in Nairobi all for the pricely sum of £25 per night for a room on B&B basis. The civvy tourists were paying £150 for the same. The BATLSK guys stationed at Kawaha Barracks said this applied to all Block http://www.blockhotelske.com/and Lonrho http://www.lonrho-hotels.com/ owned hotels upon showing your Mil ID card.

Obviously worth contacting them before travelling all that way though to make sure it still applies. It was a while ago.

Dead easy to hire your own 4x4 out there and have a DIY safari/touring holiday of Kenya.

Hope this helps someone.
    Always look on the bright side of life!
  • spanna_y2k40
    Options
    Hey,

I just found out today that the Nando's in Convent Garden (London) is giving 20% off with your ID card. Not sure if this is every store or just this one, but it may pay to ask.
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I went to America on detatchment a couple of years ago and found that nearly all places offer discount to militry personnel. Just show your ID card and they offer upto 10%. They love the forces not just Americans. All I would say is ask it doesn't cost.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thread here with mention of Florida...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=980909

Disney discounts are only for US personnel but Seaworld will give free entry for UK forces and if you are a member of AA then take your AA card with you as restaurants and hotels will give discounts where you see the AAA sign.

Disney often do UK forces discounts, just rock up on the day and show your MOD90 (or equiv if you're a dirty crab/matelot ;) )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure