PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Table-top halogen ovens

Options

Comments

• dulcey
    dulcey Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    May sound silly, and Ive never tried it but have you tried putting your toaster on its side and doing your cheese on toast. Obviously you woul have to make sure cheese was completely in the middle so none dripped off.

l tried this when my cooker broke down but sadly destroyed my lovely faithful toaster and had to buy a new one.turned out to be an expensive cheese on toast. seemed like a good idea but was a disaster
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    is it a table top halogen oven? or is that something different?

Pink, how do you make toasted cheese inthe oven? Just bread in with cheese on or do you toast first? Im drooling!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

Aldi have a Convection Oven on offer this Sunday - would this be the same as a Halogen or is it Infra Red? Does anyone know? I have a little electric oven with top & bottom elements that I use in our caravan & I'm not very impressed with it. I'm torn between this convection oven or the combination microwave but I dont have any experience of either. Any info from users would be very much appreciated
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Options
    It is similar to a Halogen oven, but instead of a Halogen bulb it has a metal heating element.

We bought one last year and are very pleased with it .

No annoying glow from the element and a three year warranty.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • silvasava
    Options
    Is it any good for Cheese on toast & baked spuds? I am leaning towards the convection on price but performance is more important
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • johnnyshuttle
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    is it a table top halogen oven? or is that something different?

Pink, how do you make toasted cheese inthe oven? Just bread in with cheese on or do you toast first? Im drooling!
    Hi,
    Best thing to do is toast the bread in a toaster then put cheese on or as we do ham and fried mushrooms with cheese on top, taste great.
    We use ours all the time, beef joints down to chips...........BRILL.

John
    The Best Currant Cutter known To Man!!
  • Bigbase
    Bigbase Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    If you guys are looking for more recipes, you can find them here: http://www.halogenovenrecipes.co.uk ! - Theres also a cookbook here: http://www.halogenovenrecipes.co.uk/cookbooks/free-halogen-cooking-made-simplecookbook-download.html
  • 4suzie
    4suzie Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    silvasava I got one from Aldi last Sunday and it is a Delta Kitchen Halogen Oven.

We haven't used the ordinary oven since we bought it we have cooked everything in the Halogen Oven, first thing we did was a chicken with roast potatoes and roast veg it was a 3 and a half pound chicken we put it on 230c for 45 mins and it was perfect I am feeling it will one of our better buys :j
  • silvasava
    Options
    4suzie - Thanks for your input. I went into Aldi ast week & they still had some so I bit the bullet & bought one (the fact that it was cheaper than a convection microwave swayed me somewhat) I'd been reading all the reviews of the JML ones & decided that as Aldi's had a 3 year guarantee that was another point in its favour. I really only intend to use it in our caravan so its use would be a bit sporadic. I was VERY pleased with all the accessories - especially the lid support. I bought a piece of rolled pork & did it with roast spuds for Sunday dinner yesterday. Overall I was pleased - the meat was fine but the roasties wern't crisp enough but that was because I put them round the joint insterad of doing them seperately as I would have done in my oven - a little fine tuning needed! I'm going to try the sort of things we eat when we're away so I dont have to fiddle & watch it. I think I will be getting much more use from this than my little electric oven!
  • salthepal
    salthepal Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I was planning to roast a whole chicken in my new halogen oven but it didn't fit in! What sort of container do you roast your joints in and do you use the low or high rack?
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport