PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Table-top halogen ovens

Options

Comments

• Kyresa
    Kyresa Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having now read the thread I'll be taking out the JML 2 year extended warranty for £9.95 that they offer on the back of the manual I think!
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tried a Banana loaf in mine this morning - looked lovely and cooked after the recommended 30 mins, but needed another 30 mins at 150 degrees.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Alot_does_not_exist
    Options
    The grill function in my gas oven stopped working some months ago and I'm missing it a lot. I can't get a decent cheese on toast for love or money!

I'm wondering whether these table top, electric oven/grill thingummies are any use.

Any help/ideas out there?
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    My mum has a table top oven/ grill with two boiling rings on the top. she uses all summer when the aga is turned off. she loves it. i don't think i'd know where to start with it. but she cookes everything on it from cheese on toast to a full roast.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Quite honestly it might be cheaper to get the cooker repaired than buying another separate appliance but I suppose it depends on how much counter-space you're prepared to sacrifice as well.

If I had a hankering for cheese on toast I'd bung it in the oven while I was baking or roasting something else.
  • globetraveller
    Options
    I've the same problem. Was considering a toaster/grill but haven't got round to buying it yet. Its a real pest without a grill isn't it!
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Toast in the toaster, finish off the cheese with a chef's blowtorch.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Get some Toastabags from the Pound shop and make a cheese toastie. I'm assuming you do have a toaster?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• FelinePrincess
    Options
    You can do it in the oven on a high heat, best to put it on the top shelf :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I actually prefer cheese on toast made in the oven, but it's really only economical if the oven's already on for something else.

These previous threads may help:

Not having a grill and Cheese on toast

George Foreman Grilll VS Grill

Cost of running a George Foreman Grill

George Foreman - What do you cook?

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income