PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Table-top halogen ovens

Options

Comments

• johnnyshuttle
    Options
    jennyjelly wrote: »
    Outdoorlass, yes the lids are a pain, but I put mine either on top of the oven hob or on an old chopping board so it's not really a problem. If you are really short of space you can buy a lid rack for the purpose which holds it at a 45 degree angle, but I think they are quite expensive.
    I bought my lid stand from the JML website, think it was around a fiver....
    A few people I know who have HO ordered a stand and we shared on the delivery.
    The stand is worth every penny.
    The Best Currant Cutter known To Man!!
  • dszen
    dszen Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2010 at 11:52AM
    Options
    Hi all I was just looking around to buy a new one as the fan in mine ceased to work.
    Anyway the point I wanted to share is that Coopers are doing their one on offer for £28.88, and also a 4 pack of accessories for £14.99. With the P&P that makes it £48.86 what a bargain. Even without the accesories its a good deal.

Link to the page

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/src/gahoven/coopers-of-stortford-halogen-oven-prodst07719i/

Also some of you said about lack of ideas & recipes for it . Well I found this Book For £3.95 (P&P £1.75)

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780716022534

If you order the Easy life one, it comes with a lid stand included, I know that others charge for it!!!
  • poppygob
    Options
    Received my first halogen oven yesterday (birthday gift), bought from Amazon. It lasted precisely 20 minutes before the bulb went pop. No good. Extremely disappointed - no guarantee card with item. Can anyone suggest where to get new halogen bulb? Have emailed Amazon for replacement but no news yet. Has anyone else had this experience?:mad:
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Contact amazon by phone, they will replace the cooker free of charge
  • poppygob
    Options
    Thanks Annie123, cant find Amazon's tel number on their site - do you know it? thanks.
  • Gaz_Hunter
    Options
    Just bought one from TJH, as they're reduced to less than 30 quid for a 7 litre version.

Impression 1 is that it does good *boiled* eggs...(I only had eggs to try it with until I went food shopping :) )

Impression two was that if you microwave baking potatoes for 5 minutes, then Halogen them for 25 at 200 degrees they are delicious.

Tomorrow I will try some *serious* cooking. Not now, too full of baked potatoes...

(And here's me convinced I didn't do impressions...)
  • poppygob
    Options
    Just to let you know, we got a refund from Amazon and are now in the process of awaiting delivery of another one, just hope this one works out, as have purchased a separate recipe book and dying to try many dishes.:j
  • Gaz_Hunter
    Options
    Did two *boiled* eggs for breakfast this morning...overdone slightly, I'll play with the timing/temp tomorrow.

Dinner was 4 small whole new potatoes, cooked in the microwave for 2 minutes, then in the bottom of the oven, over tinfoil, along with some sliced onion, mushrooms and sliced squash. On the low shelf were two frozen pork loin chops.

The chops were ready, juicy and tender after 17 minutes, to I put them to rest in the microwave, and let the veg cook for another 13 minutes.

Lifting out the foil with the veg on meant that the cooking juices were retained and served as a surprisingly tasty *gravy*.

Lessons learned...put the veg in first, let it cook for 15 minutes before putting the pork in. Don't make so much next time, it was too much for a meal for one, but too tasty and tender not to eat. I am now flaked out on the chair barely able to move, and my dog is looking at the empty plate and quietly hating me...
  • Kyresa
    Kyresa Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread to let you all know that Tesco are selling the JML currently for £19.

(Well definitely the Tesco in Camberley Surrey, as that's where I purchased one from this evening!
  • LoveLifeAgain
    Options
    Took the bull by the horns and did my chrismas cake in it. Looks and smells brilliant but wont know until the day. I have done a lot of cup cakes, muffins, lemon drizzle cakes, lasagne,stew etc., etc., and my halogen is my friend :D Only thing is that I have the hinged lid and would not like to have to take the lid off and on, so if I need another it would be the same. This one has been going great guns for a long time now, used every day for something - starting on the breakfast porrage next week.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". - Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure