Home Insurance Discussion

Options

Comments

• smmont
    smmont Posts: 1 Newbie
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. :-)
    My home insurance renewal quote was £341. Using your site advice I managed to get a deal with L&G at £149. Additionally this gave me £45 in Amazon vouchers that I received today AND £45 cash back via Quidco due for payment in August.
    I am so chuffed. Thank you :-)
  • bananacakes
    Options
    quick question

currently getting home contents quotes and have been asked for total value of contents and then if I want to insure anything over £1k separately - I have just acquired a £6k piano so will be "insuring separately" does this mean I include or exclude it from the total contents value? :huh: #clueless
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Get clarification from whoever asked you.
  • Jamie_Posh
    Options
    Long time reader, first time poster.

I am moving into a new build property, I want to take advantage of the MSE House of Fraser voucher with more than. However my address does not come up for my new post code and it does not allow me to manually enter it. If i call up more than will I still be able to get the voucher? Any idea how to get it if not?
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jamie_Posh wrote: »
    Long time reader, first time poster.

I am moving into a new build property, I want to take advantage of the MSE House of Fraser voucher with more than. However my address does not come up for my new post code and it does not allow me to manually enter it. If i call up more than will I still be able to get the voucher? Any idea how to get it if not?

Choosing insurance for your home on the basis of a voucher is not a wise move.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • Jamie_Posh
    Options
    rudekid48 wrote: »

ahh but you see it is also the cheapest according to all comparison sites.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rudekid48 wrote: »
    Jamie_Posh wrote: »
    ahh but you see it is also the cheapest according to all comparison sites.

Choosing insurance for your home on the basis of cheapest price is not a wise move.
  • Jamie_Posh
    Options
    rs65 wrote: »
    Choosing insurance for your home on the basis of cheapest price is not a wise move.

wow didn't realise I would get the Spanish inquisition here. I am not stupid it meets all the requirements I need also.

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks for the article, do enjoy all this! Have renewed my home insurance, last year it was done by the mortgage advisor (as Im a sucker and we were more focused on moving!!), this year have paid it off fully and it was £117 all in with contents and building with everything we need! Last years was £38 a month (horrifying :eek:), not thinking about that now, have got back on track!

Jodles
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback