MoneySavingExpert.com International Calls Checker

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
This relates to the international call checker article

To ask a question or discuss the checker or international calls, please click reply
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Just checked out NZ as thats where I phone most via 18866, interesting to see Ratebusters and Telesavers are 1p a minute so I will give them a try.

Where you talk about 18866 and 1899 you have left out a word or two on the "how to" dial bit and where you say "and you will receive a bill for it" perhaps you could put "you will receive a monthly bill for these calls"

edited: to add, its great by the way!
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    Options
    There is one benefit that could be incorporated into this, and that would be the ability to check a number of locations at the same time.

If people where able to select say upto 5 destinations and view the results this would be less time consuming than having to repeat the process 5 times.

Apart from that it seem's to be very good & a useful tool ;D I trust you will also include the result for calling within the UK too :D
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    The result for calling Scotland is there Tony, cos I looked ;D
  • Tony_H_3
    Options
    It say's "Departure" near the drop down list, surely this should be Destination or "Call Location"
  • Thorrrr
    Thorrrr Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Hi did a check it says 1899 is the cheapest UK national caller service at 0p

This provider has a 3p connection charge if you use 18899 this is 0p with only 1p connection charge???
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Options
    Thanks Dale & Tony

Will get both of those looked at - and of course you're quite right about 18866 at 0p plus 1p connection for the UK - that's my recommendation!

There are always tiny glitches when doing something techie at the start :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Tony_H_3
    Options
    Martin Wrote:
    There are always tiny glitches when doing something techie at the start ;D

Aint that the truth, but that's why it's so much fun!! ::)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazing piece of work Martin. Congratulations to you and whoever took the time and trouble to embark on producing this article. Islandman
  • quickquid
    Options
    Great help but a few teething probs. 18866 is only 2p to UK mobiles at weekends - it is 12p Mon-Fri. 1899 is cheaper.
  • sahmed_2
    Options
    Hi,
    Telestunt charge 4p/min via 08444286161 number for a international call. Is there any other charge that i have to pay. I am using bt and talktalk.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport