Do you have -'POLICY ADMIN SERV 1@ £7.99' on your bank statement?

Options

Comments

• Indie9999
    Options
    Hey there

I too got stung by Policy Administration Services. They are a sneaky company, and when you ask Phones 4 U about them, they claim they are a separate company, Policy admin also say this, they both claim to be a separate company. Yet after a bit of searching you can find out the head office of both companies has the same address!

Anyway, I had a rolling direct debit for about 3 years! I totally was unaware of it! I got angry with them but they said its my fault and no way can i get my money back. I made a complaint then got in touch with Financial Ombudsman Service and they took up the complaint, then today Policy admin phoned me up and agreed to give me a full refund for all the years i was paying to them! They asked me to stop with the ombudsman claim. They know they are in the wrong, anyone with a similar problem should get in touch with the ombudsman people.

Good luck to you all!

:T:beer::j
  • LouBelle
    Options
    so glad I found this post! I was aware of the £9.99 coming out of my account but like others wrongly assumed it was for something else.

thanks to everyone who has posted on this - will be calling to cancel it first thing tommorrow! :)
  • DavePly
    Options
    I just noticed the direct debit had been set up for Policy Admin Serv on my account and wondered what it was. Thanks to whoever set this thread up as googling took me straight to the answer in this forum. It is easy to forget that this insurance is included by default when buying a phone from phones4u and I guess many do just that!!

However in defence of Phones4u and their online store dialaphone, the policy was explained to me when I visited their local store. I eventually bought my phone online for a better deal and dialaphone had included a very clear full page, A4 statement, on this policy in the information pack I received with the phone that included what I needed to do to cancel it.

Cancellation during the first month is very straightforward, dial 08448710506 ( use "saynoto0870" for alternative access numbers) and you will be put through to the cancellation people at dialacover who will cancel it for you then and there.

Worth also going on line and cancelling the direct debit though, just in case.
  • Marm0set11
    Marm0set11 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2011 at 8:31PM
    Options
    I have lurked around these forums for a while, and am very thankful for all the advice here!
    My boyfriend had to speak to his bank about something today, and failed the security questions, believing he had no DDs set up on his personal account.... However, he has since gone through his bank statements and discovered a DD for £9.99 a month to Policy Admin Serv. He is cancelling this with the bank and is also going to contact Policy Admin Services as he is adamant he did not sign up for an insurance policy. The information here has been so helpful, and put our minds at rest as to what the mystery DD was, so thank you to all who have posted before.
    My boyfriend has been seriously reprimanded by me about checking his bank statements, the muppet!
    Thanks again for all the info here! :D
  • MrMoonee
    Options
    tomboy29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just to let you know i checked my account and i have been charged £7.99 by policy admin services since december ...wait for it...2003!!

anyway, i phoned them and as per usual was offered one years worth back (£95.88) if i agreed to close the matter there and then? I asked what my options were and he said that they would have to check with phones 4 u to see if they have a copy of my contract and if they dont i would be due a full refund....ofcourse i declined the £95.88 and said i would await the outcome.

I recieved a letter in the post today saying they do NOT have a copy of the contract i supposedly signed there i will receive a full refund in 10 working days.....£543.00!!!!!! touch!!:T

Hope this helps anyone is that is in the same situation. I must say for the record they were very helpful and quick responding as i received the letter 3 days after my call.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Tom

Tom,

Im happy you got your money back....... I discovered after a little bit longer - 11/11/04 until 07/03/2011 when I found out that these crooks have decided to take a total pf £642.76 from me which I am currently chasing.

I wasnt 'silly enough to need to cancel it' as the salesman stated:

"Dont worry Mr M, It will lapse anyway - Its fine if you have phone cover with home insurance - Consider FREE 3 month double cover and if you dont cancel, it will lapse"

Oh how gullable was I...... Its only once going through finances for the first time (of maturity!) that I asked the bank how long they will continue thier "POLICY ADMIN SERVICE" to which they stated - "It isnt us"

I immediately phoned PAS and stated I want my money back and was mis-sold the policy.

"You need to go back to your bank and ask for a DD Indemnity form for them to pay you the money and we will pay them back the monies. The bank (as you can imagine) said NOOOOOO !!!

"Mr M, if PAS have admited liability, they will need to pay you. Why should we?"

Good Point Mr Bank........

So I got in contact with FSA and they have since contacted PAS. Now, I have to have it in writing that the bank are not prepared to pay it, before they take it further............ I HOPE to get my money back and will keep fighting and am even prepared to wait 8 weeks......

i'll keep you posted : {
  • DannieB
    Options
    Okay so phones for you insurance is a complete scam. £9.99 a month. A £50 excess for first 6 months and then after a £10 excess. However if you need to claim like I did, you ring up an old number and get passed to another new number, all the time getting charged from your mobile. Then you have to register your claim, they then send out a long and complex paper form you have to fill out and send back and you may finally end up with your phone back a whole month to 2 months later! So you also have to buy a temporary phone and also pay for the postage and packaging of your phone.

Following on wanting to cancel my phone insurance after getting a new phone and contract and better insurance with orange. Aggressive sales tactics were used, to try and make me stay. Giving me quotes of phone theft saying orange didn't fully cover me and were rude about whether I would be able to cover massive bills myself. Quoting the initial shock figure of a phone is stolen every twelve seconds, when I said it wasn't very likely. Unfortunately for him I was put on hold and did some research into how many mobiles there were in the UK and figured out it is a 0.02% of your phone being stolen in a year and the likelihood of a massive bill being ran up is even less. Putting my maths degree to good use I presented these figures to him and told him to stop wasting any more of my time and money and to cancel the contract.

So advice, don't listen to everything sales people tell you. They will tell you the facts and figures they think will shock you most. Be strong and just tell them no and to just cancel it. Remember it costs you to ring these numbers of your mobile.

For anybody interested in ringing and cancelling the new policy admin service number is 08448710600.

Regards
    Dannie

*these figures may not be accurate*
  • slothmeister
    Options
    Hi guys,

i stumbled across this topic whilst checking over my bank account statements, like many people here i wrongly assumed it was some sort of loan protection etc.

I would like to take this up with PSA to see if they are willing to offer any sort of refund at all, i am in the middle of composing a letter to them, unfortunatly i have little to no skill at writing a letter of this kind (im not one to make complaints) so was hoping that someone would be kind enough to PM me and help me out with the wording to make it sound less like a adolescent teenager had written the letter.

Thanks very much in advance
    Started comping June 2011
    June win - Virgin Racing F1 Factory Tour
  • sham.mckay
    sham.mckay Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have gone through all the listing on this matter however I would like to enquire from all .... (1) which of you came to know of this from your bankers (2) which of you noticed it and first contacted your bank (3)
    Anyone of you came to know when they approached their bank and if the bank involved was Barclays (4) I am trying to establish if the involved bank was Barclays and when was the earliest date this bank came to know about this Policy Admin issue.(5) my purpose is to establish if Barclays is party to this scam ... I believe they are and/or they have not done anything to stop the continued debits in their clients accounts by failing to alert them prior to the clients approaching them.
  • sham.mckay
    First Post
    Options
    Hi
    I just wanted to warn any1 who has 'POLICY ADMIN SERV £7.99' on there bank statement.
    It is a big con started by Phones4U that is initially 3 months free insurance at £7.99 a month. The thing is they dont send you any mail or the welcome pack they are supposed to and like lots of other people i have been payin it for ages thinking it was something to do with my bank account service. I would be really grateful if any1 knows what to do or if there's any chance i'll ever get my money back???!?!?!?!?

for any1 else unlucky enough to have paid these rip-off merchants for yrs here's the number...........

Policy Admin Service customer services number:

0870 900 6444
    be strong they dont seem to understand the word CANCEL!
    holxx
    I would appreciate if you will look at my posting #69 dd 30.03.2011 and see if you can provide me the additional information that I seek. You can email me direct at [EMAIL="sham.mckay@gmail.com"]sham.mckay@gmail.com[/EMAIL] - Quote Ref. Phone Fraud. Thanks
  • sham.mckay
    First Post
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    When opting to receive the three months free insurance, you agreed to keep the insurance after the free period unless you cancelled it.

If you have only just attempted to cancel it, you have no right to reclaim the monthly payments before this time.
    I would appreciate if you will look at my posting #69 dd 30.03.2011 and see if you can provide me the additional information that I seek. You can email me direct at [EMAIL="sham.mckay@gmail.com"]sham.mckay@gmail.com[/EMAIL] - Quote Ref. Phone Fraud. Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback