PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    I know you have been talking a lot about soda crystals and washing powder and I am going to show my dimwitness now and ask so is it one of wp and one soda crystals each time to reduce the wp or is that when the clothes are really dirty only?:rolleyes: Is it like a scoop full of wp and then one soda both at the same time ? every time?
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    I know you have been talking a lot about soda crystals and washing powder and I am going to show my dimwitness now and ask so is it one of wp and one soda crystals each time to reduce the wp or is that when the clothes are really dirty only?:rolleyes: Is it like a scoop full of wp and then one soda both at the same time ? every time?

i use about a tbsp of wp and a tbsp soda crystals every time if thats any help ;)

morning all

another lovely wet day, so looks like a flippin trip to the laundrette to get the washing dry :mad: i've done all the bedding and there's nowhere to hang it round the house

think i only need tomatoes, carrots and mushrooms today when i go out. mind you , DS15 has started to take £2 to school every day so he can go out at lunchtime with his friends. i get free school meals for him, so i'm not a happy bunny about that.....here's me trying to save and he's wanting a tenner a week to go to the chippie :mad: and its not easy arguing with a hormonal 15 yr old boy, believe me!!

well, best get on. hope you all have a good day xx
  • superspam
    superspam Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Morning!

Went to Asda last night and spent £8.94 - £3 of which was wasted because I bought Asda's beef sausages on 2 packs of 8 for £3. I bought beef ones so I wouldn't eat them as I'm trying to lose weight and I seperated them into three sausage portions and froze them when I got home, leaving three out for BF's dinner. Unfotunatley he didn't like them :mad: Now I've got 13 useless sausages in the freezer - how irritating!
  • superspam
    superspam Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Almost forgot - I also spent £3.40 on a double Jack Daniels in the pub last night! I have now updated my sig.

Have a lovely day everyone!
  • savingfortravel
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Hoping for a 2nd NSD.
    Wish me luck
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    superspam wrote: »
    Morning!

I bought beef ones so I wouldn't eat them as I'm trying to lose weight and I seperated them into three sausage portions and froze them when I got home, leaving three out for BF's dinner. Unfotunatley he didn't like them :mad: Now I've got 13 useless sausages in the freezer - how irritating!

How about disguising them into a sausage casserole? Pre-fry them first to get rid of any excess fat content - bf may not turn his nose up at them done that way as the sauce will disguise the 'beef sausage' taste. If you put plenty of veggies/beans into the casserole as well, it will make it much more healthy (counts towards your 5-a-day!) and you would be able to have some as well - just not too much of it.
  • Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mornin' All

I will be having another NSD today - I work full time so it's unlikely that I get the chance to go out and spend anyway! Ooh just thought Mr T coming tonight so it won't be a NSD!:doh:fancy forgetting that one!

I have a question and I'm sure if I searched a bit harder I could find the answer out myself, but I'm sooooooo lazy!! I have 4 or 5 chicken carcasses in the freezer can someone give me a step by step idiots guide to turning them into chicken soup please. I've never done it before so really haven't got a clue. I have a slowcooker and would like to use it in the process if poss.

Well better get my @ss off the chair and into the shower and get ready for w**k :( oh how I wish I was a SAHM
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    i was mad enough that vitalite had gone up from 70p to 86p at morrys, but i forgot to get any saturday morning so nipped in iceland (where it used to be 80p) its £1 a tub there now:mad: .

on the plus side morrys are doing the 4 packs of branstons baked beans for £1, so thats a good saving. (i stocked up on a few of those;) )
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mumofjusttwo
    mumofjusttwo Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    Options
    NSD for me yesterday but I have Mr T coming this evening so certainly not a NSD today.
    January Grocery 11/374
  • Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    oh talking of price increases Mr M own brand fizzy pop used to be 3 4 £1 now its 3 4 £1.09! We have lemonade I know its not really OS but DH has it as opposed to a beer each night - now that to me is moneysaving!
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure