PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

George Foreman - What do you cook?

Options

Comments

• Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    leonie wrote:
    The cleaning of them is so simple if you follow a tip I heard about on here (dont know who though!)

When you take your food off it, unplug it and take about 5 pieces of wet kitchen roll and lay them on it. It will fizzle a bit but its ok as its switched off. When you finish your dinner, the grill will have steamed cleaned itself and you simply need to wipe away the remains! Mine still looks like new and i've never used soapy water or anything!

last night I'd cooked oven chips, onions & steak on the grill, it was a real mess, I tried this tip but used a wet facecloth & it worked beautifully ... very pleased :)
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Nothing....as its in my garage collecting dust :rotfl:

Worst investment (by my mum) ever!!

Sorry.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I cook every thing on my George, couldn't do without it icon7.gif

Often do the whole breakfast by using hash browns then the only thing fried is my eggs which keeps the grill and frying pan nice and clean icon12.gif
  • Curry_Queen
    Options
    I cook every thing on my George, couldn't do without him icon7.gif

I hope he doesn't mind too much!!! :rotfl:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Swan_2
    Options
    crana999 wrote:
    Any tips on how to cook oven chips, as someone said they did? Or toasties - how exactly do you do them?

I tried chips for the first time the other night, gave them 7 minutes on a pre-heated grill, then turned them & gave them another 5 minutes. not quite as crisp as my usual method of doing them under a conventional grill (I don't have a cooker at the moment) but they were lovely & tasty
  • crana999
    Options
    I don't have a cooker *or* a grill, I can only microwave and boil things at the moment, so anything I can do on a George is of great interest!
  • Curry_Queen
    Options
    Hi crana :hello:

Nice to see you back again and hope you enjoyed your summer break! Are you back in halls this year again? Mind you, with the cost of rents around there I can hardly blame you if you are ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Swan_2
    Options
    to revive soggy leftover poppadums from a takeaway (not very money saving, but that's another story*) ... preheat GF grill for 1 min, put in floppy poppadum for a min, turn & give it another min ... let it cool a little & voila, crisp as freshly fried

* I've no cooker just now (long story) & last night my young adult kids came round to stay over, they didn't fancy any of the stuff I had in packets or tins or that could be done in the microwave or on the Foreman grill ... one thing led to another & we ended up spending £27 on an Indian takeaway :eek:

woke up this morning feeling very guilty about the hideous waste of money, could have made it myself for a fraction of the cost if I'd had access to a cooker. anyway, it suddenly dawned on me that I could have bought a slow cooker for less than that meal cost

so I am am now the proud owner of the MR 6.5l model, can't wait to get started, & am really looking forward to all the HM stews, soups & such that we've been missing for the past few months :)
  • crana999
    Options
    Hi crana :hello:

Nice to see you back again and hope you enjoyed your summer break! Are you back in halls this year again? Mind you, with the cost of rents around there I can hardly blame you if you are ;)

I was going to be living in halls again because I need to live close to my college and my departments, but a room became free in a nearby house and they offered me the option to switch.. so I am living in a house with 5/6 other students (one bedroom is still being finished so I don't know when anyone is going to move in), but the house is still owned by my college. My rent is the same as last year but it's gone up 80p a week for inflation. A bit annoying as my accommodation is worse but I am paying more (no sink, kitchen shared with more people, no laundry facilities, less furniture), but it is saving me a lot over living in halls - I could only get very expensive rooms in halls as the others are reserved for 1st years!
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still trying to make good use of the pressie my mum bought me this Christmas, but it doesn't fit in with my MS and OS ways at the moment.
    I had a search to see what was on OS for them and found this thread - it's quite old so hoped that by reviving it there might be a few new ideas as to how to get the most out of this 'gadget'?
    So far the best use for it has been to toast filled wraps (seals them nicely and looks posh) - surely there are a lot more great recipies for it now???
    Fingers crossed that some of you will rescue me - I so want to be able to 'honestly' tell my mother how indespensible it is after she spent so much on it!

Kaz x
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure