PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

George Foreman - What do you cook?

Options

Comments

• taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Off topic a little - Do you find them a pain to clean? I spray with soda crystals and wipe down well.

I find you have to clean it straight after using it or its a devil to get clean :mad: i use warm soapy water on a cloth then dry off with kitchen roll.
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    bacon, home made kebabs, haloumi, sausages, filled panini, fishcakes, fruit kebabs, anything that you would barbeque, but can't coz of the rain.

i had the one with the bun warmer, and when it died had to get a bigger one.
  • ancasta_2
    Options
    I use mine to cook mince and toasties, and to put fancy lines on bread when doing posh meals.
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    mince????????

i do, bacon, sausages, toasties, burgers, steak, gammon, veg depending on what i'm doing (mushrooms, onions, peppers), most things really, only used my grill to warm up naan bread and i've lived her since december.

if you're having trouble cleaning them just switch them back on again for a bit.
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do oven chips, burgers, sausages all my meat, its great because all the fat runs into the tray , its surprising the amount of fat that comes off some food.
  • Trollydolly_2
    Options
    Wow!!!

Id forgotten id done this post! was going down the list and thought oooh i need to know what to do with my foreman lol and then realised it was my thread lol lol lol

Thanks guys and gals for all that! Really helpful!

Mince! Brilliant!!!

and the trout sounds fab too!!

My friend says she just wipes hers down with kitchen roll while its still on so ill have to try that.

Only troubleis im skint till payday (20th) so im living off noodles i bought 3 months ago lol! only 8 days to go!
  • coolbreezes
    Options
    one of my favourite things is grilled veg ... big chunks of pepper, mushrooms, courgette etc tossed on a bowl with a little oil, then grilled as usual. oh & my favourite, thick slices of red onion, delicious :)

my son's done salmon steaks in foil & says that's very good

I clean mine, while the grill's warm, with a cheap facecloth (keep a few solely for that purpose) dampened with a little water[/QUOTE]

I also love veggies cooked on my George and cook salmon steaks but dont bother wrapping them in foil, they taste scrummy . Thanks for the damp facecloth tip will try it at lunchtime
  • crana999
    Options
    Any tips on how to cook oven chips, as someone said they did? Or toasties - how exactly do you do them?
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    For toasties - I just make a sandwich as normal, then stick it on the hot grill for a few minutes until it's toasted.

You don't need to butter the outside of the bread like with sandwich toasters and it doesn't make a mess on the grill.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    crana999 wrote:
    Any tips on how to cook oven chips, as someone said they did? Or toasties - how exactly do you do them?

never done oven chips, but I do Rostis & Hash Browns ... put them on the cold un-oiled grill (ie don't bother to pre-heat) turn on the heat & give them 11 minutes or so

french toast works quite well too, put it on pre-heated & lightly oiled grill & cook till as brown as you like it. make sure you have the little drip-tray in place, it can be a little messy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure