Is Welcome Finance going bust?

Options

Comments

• GINA_2
    GINA_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    SolOO.

Had a letter from WF today stating they are charging me £10 for each phone call made in March. 1 on 5th and 1 on the 19th March.
    Think they must be dreaming as I change land line number and went X directory earlier this year, then got a new mobile with different phone number. I havn't spoken to anyone from Wf, can't see how they could have rang me! Nor would I give out our number.
    Thought I might as well send the note off to FOS with an explanation, what do you think?
  • GINA_2
    Options
    MADMACKHUNTER

You got it spot on with wf. Lets hope they get treated the way they have treated most people (except for fishface).
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    GINA wrote: »
    SolOO.

Had a letter from WF today stating they are charging me £10 for each phone call made in March. 1 on 5th and 1 on the 19th March.
    Think they must be dreaming as I change land line number and went X directory earlier this year, then got a new mobile with different phone number. I havn't spoken to anyone from Wf, can't see how they could have rang me! Nor would I give out our number.
    Thought I might as well send the note off to FOS with an explanation, what do you think?

Oh Gina they are cheeky people. Go for it. Let us know how you get on.:D
    :mad:
  • GINA_2
    Options
    Thanks.
    Can someone tell me should I send the my token payment this month? They received my postal order and signed for letter ( 20th January, got receipt) which I sent on 14th January.
    It's now 76 today. 11 weeks tomorrow. What true and legal rights have I got
  • Debt_Slayer
    Debt_Slayer Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Read this whole thread in its entirety and i have to say there's an obvious pattern developing. I've had a loan with Welcome for years now, getting it 'topped up' a few times along the way.
    I'm sending the PPI reclaim letters away, i was told if i didn't take PPI my loan wouldn't be approved. Thats what i was told with all my loans with them.

On another note, in regards to recent behaviour towards customers i've had a letter from my companys head office telling me (WFS staff) had been trying to contact me, this isn't the first time they've gone to our head office either. I've always kept WFS upto date with contact details and they've been told time and time again i cannot be contacted via head office.
    So i've had a bollocking off the company as my private affairs are 'causing nuisance' to the daily operations. So exactly how many times they phoned is beyond me. Also they've failed to take direct debit payments to the schedule often taking them before my wages go in, resulting in a returned DD fee from the bank and Welcome writing to me telling me they're adding charges for the returned direct debit, and that they're charging me £20 for the letter telling me they're charging me???!!!!!!!

Total !!!!!!s!

I must add the previous 3 loans i had went smoothly, never a missed payment, no charges to the accounts and were all settled in full.
    But during the last 12 months everything has just gone to pot.

I'd also like to add that they provide a service to people, who for whatever reasons have a rubbish credit rating and cant get cheap rate personal loans or car finance. Upto 12 months ago i was happy with their service and i'd have recommended them.
    But since finding out about this site and the PPI scams and in reading numerous threads relating to the way they treat their customers' accounts i'll be glad when they are in administration.
    LBM - :beer:
    DFW - January 2010 = £22,950
    DFD - July 2017 = £0
    Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts :cool:
    Don't give up...it's a long journey!
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GINA wrote: »
    SolOO.

Hi Gina

I had a letter from WF myself advising that they, and I quote 'are not in a position to put your account on hold as it will eventually incur arrears and may result in adverse information being recorded on your credit file...'. As far as I was aware if you have a complaint with the FOS with a genuine complaint/query, the company should place the account on hold. I am also going to send a copy of this letter to the FOS as I deem it as a threat.

Gina, you should write to the head office advising that you received no calls, as apparently, they can only charge if they speak to the customer, not simply for dialling a number. The proof would obviously lie with them as to what number and when they called.
  • Sol00
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Read this whole thread in its entirety and i have to say there's an obvious pattern developing. I've had a loan with Welcome for years now, getting it 'topped up' a few times along the way.
    I'm sending the PPI reclaim letters away, i was told if i didn't take PPI my loan wouldn't be approved. Thats what i was told with all my loans with them.

On another note, in regards to recent behaviour towards customers i've had a letter from my companys head office telling me (WFS staff) had been trying to contact me, this isn't the first time they've gone to our head office either. I've always kept WFS upto date with contact details and they've been told time and time again i cannot be contacted via head office.
    So i've had a bollocking off the company as my private affairs are 'causing nuisance' to the daily operations. So exactly how many times they phoned is beyond me. Also they've failed to take direct debit payments to the schedule often taking them before my wages go in, resulting in a returned DD fee from the bank and Welcome writing to me telling me they're adding charges for the returned direct debit, and that they're charging me £20 for the letter telling me they're charging me???!!!!!!!

Total !!!!!!s!

I must add the previous 3 loans i had went smoothly, never a missed payment, no charges to the accounts and were all settled in full.
    But during the last 12 months everything has just gone to pot.

I'd also like to add that they provide a service to people, who for whatever reasons have a rubbish credit rating and cant get cheap rate personal loans or car finance. Upto 12 months ago i was happy with their service and i'd have recommended them.
    But since finding out about this site and the PPI scams and in reading numerous threads relating to the way they treat their customers' accounts i'll be glad when they are in administration.

Have you sent a 'harrassment' letter to their head office demanding they remove your work's number from their contact details?
  • GINA_2
    Options
    Sol00 wrote: »
    Hi Gina

I had a letter from WF myself advising that they, and I quote 'are not in a position to put your account on hold as it will eventually incur arrears and may result in adverse information being recorded on your credit file...'. As far as I was aware if you have a complaint with the FOS with a genuine complaint/query, the company should place the account on hold. I am also going to send a copy of this letter to the FOS as I deem it as a threat.

Gina, you should write to the head office advising that you received no calls, as apparently, they can only charge if they speak to the customer, not simply for dialling a number. The proof would obviously lie with them as to what number and when they called.

Thanks SolOO
    Will do that, I have mailed a copy of wf letter with a covering letter.
    They've got some neck sending you that letter!! Are they really that dumb or just playing the role?
    I think it's just a ruse to make you ring them, so they can try and wear you down to paying more than you can afford.
    How come they can send you letters like that, but not ones you really want? i.e to say they have received money.
    GINA
  • Sol00
    Options
    It's just as you said Gina, it's to get a response, and I was very tempted to phone them but I decided to email them instead. I've contacted the FOS to find out if they are allowed to do this.

The thing that made me laugh is where they say they can't place it on hold as it will eventually incur arrears - well no it won't if it's on hold! lol These are the people in head office sending this rubbish!!!
  • GINA_2
    Options
    Sol00 wrote: »
    It's just as you said Gina, it's to get a response, and I was very tempted to phone them but I decided to email them instead. I've contacted the FOS to find out if they are allowed to do this.

The thing that made me laugh is where they say they can't place it on hold as it will eventually incur arrears - well no it won't if it's on hold! lol These are the people in head office sending this rubbish!!!

Have you seen that film Dumb And dumber??????????
    Don't tell me they won't try and 'incur' extra arrears on your account, whether or not it's on hold, they cannot help themselves.
    Whats the date they are going to vanish into the undergrowth?
    Can't come soon enough.
    Let me know what Fos says will you pls?
    I expect you have read the the paragraphs favouring wf!!:confused::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills