PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 30 April

Options
Morning; off for the sticky....

Hi, this is the Daily Thread for today. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Another early start :rolleyes: Been awake for an hour, so have given up and got up. Tea's brewing :beer: Had a lovely day with Gingham Ribbon and her boys. We went to Ikea and I replaced some glasses, bought a dinky tray to take out my lunch into the garden :j and the obligatory tea lights. The boys had a big play in the park, and we chatted, so a good day all round :D

I'm off to a fundraising quiz tonight with several friends. Buffet tea for me there, and the Small Penguins will have potato bake. I'll be making a birthday card for another friend after w***. No cycling in today - it's pouring with rain :o

Shez - the hatching eggs are still going. thanks for asking :A Due to hatch next weekend, so please keep everything crossed :D Did I mention that we bought some Buff Orpington eggs, but put in a couple of our own, to see if Darcy is performing :rotfl: :rotfl:

And as I'm here before The Other Woman (you know who you are :naughty:;) ) :kisses3: :blushing: to TNG

Have a great day, Penny. x
:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:

Comments

• hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All!
    Like Pen=Pin, I was awake at 5, got up at 5.30.

OFSTEAD are in our place. Came into the classroom for ten minutes yesterday, and they are around today. Seemed to be okay, but really I don't care:rotfl: Be nice if I got a good report, but if not, so what? Some of the younger ones are panic stricken, but why upset yourself? At the end of the day, it's a job, a nice job, but just a job.:T

Seeing my Dad today, haven't seen him since last Thurs. He had a great time in Scotland, missed my Mamma though, as the last time he went, they went together.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) to all who need them.

Have a good day, Ill try and check back in later.:T
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Early today as DH has to be in work early. Dull here again, but we don't seem to have rain (sorry Pen Pen).

Hilstep, good luck with OFSTEAD, hope everything goes well.

Work today, so have a gammon joint for the slow cooker, and will do it with mash, veg and parsley sauce. I sold some vintage toys on Ebay last week and did really well with them, so I have to take cakes to work today- need to find a slimming version of a vanilla slice :D

Hope everyone is OK, have a good day x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning PenPen Hillstep and all to follow.

Hope the Ofsted inspection goes ok Hillstep but arnt they like vat and income tax inspectectors in that they always have to find something wrong.

No rain here at the moment but everywhere is soaking, has delayed our finishing of our vegetable beds and the earth is being delivered today. Really hope it doesnt pour down as it will be washed away.

OH has some work later and I am off to Tai Chi this morning, hope I dont end up with a headache like I have the last 2 weeks. This afternoon I have a Hopi Ear candle session booked which I am really looking forward to - never done it before.

Some paperwork and loads of housework and ironing to do which will keep me busy today, think will be pie mash and veg for dinner.

Have a great day all.
    x
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, Have not really got time to post much. Cool and damp out there today. Off to work in a few mins. Busy day ahead. end of the month, that means 1st May tomorrow and the weather should change, :rotfl:
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all.

PENPEN - Good luck with the hatching!

RACYRED - Have replied to you on Yahoo re info on knitting and crochet!

SMOKY - thinking of you and the LOs

CHURCHMOUSE - :hello: :hello: :hello:

I have lots of fiddly little things to do today, one of them being taxing my car. I left it too late to do it online so I shall be taking a picnic and a book to wait in the Post Office queue this morning.

The house had a good clean yesterday so nothing is pressing on that front apart from the actual pressing of clothes! Not too big a pile, though.

I will collect DGS from school this afternoon and feed and water him along with getting thrashed at Draughts and Mancala! We'll be having chips tonight because he loves them; I have some fish in the freezer so that will be an easy meal.

The WM and the BM are both on although the washing will have to be hung on the airer - it's pouring with rain at the moment.

Anyway, off to have a shower so see you all later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Woken up with B****y neck ache again. Must be my pillows, will have to get a memory foam one I think.

HUGS to all who may need one today.

It tipped it down here last night. Looks like it might do the same today. Have a rotavator being delivered to the allotment today. Am dreading it as I just get the feeling it's going to be really hard work and I am soooo unfit. Good news is I have lost 2lbs this week by cutting down and not snacking.

Nothing much else to say. Dinner will probably be fish as I have some haddock to cook. Since I came back from our hols I am trying to eat fish more often, as it's cheaper and probably better for me tham meat. DS will probably have smoked makeral and OH can take the beef curry I made him to work.

Hillstep, your comment about Ofsted reminds me very much of me, Having been a nurse for 12 years, I'm very blase about inspections ect.

Have a good day all.

Jan :A xxxx
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    N9eav wrote: »
    . end of the month, that means 1st May tomorrow and the weather should change, :rotfl:

OK everyone, when it's raining (again) tomorrow, we know who to blame :D
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning folks,

Woke up early today, with a headache.

Off to St Neots today to visit a customer.

CAtch you all later, have a good day.

ps it looks like rain today!!!!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    morning all,

It is torrential pouring rain here today, a day for staying in really, but I have to go to work :mad: , I am enjoying it less and less at the moment, but the bills need to be paid.

Hilstep, good luck with the ofstead report, we have the auditors in this week to check we have been doing the accounts correctly all year, the accounts are my job, so lets hope I have been doing it right ;)

Cottage pie for tea tonight, its all done and in the fridge, veg is done too, so an easy night.

OH came home last night, dripping wet so all his work clothes are in the laundry basket waiting to be washed, so will do that tonight.

jannyannie, hope your neck feels better soon, I find keeping it warm helps, have you got one of those heatable wheat bags ? xx

Hugs to smoky xx

Pen pin, are you ok ?

Have good days all

xx
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to Smokey, PP & Mrs Mix.
    Looks like rain here too, though I'm having problems prising my eyes open.
    Katy went to bed as soon as she got home & so she's been up since 2, arrrgh. I had to come downstairs at 4 & ask her to turn the TV down as she had one of her yoga tapes on.
    Extra early start tomorrow as hubby is working in Kent & has to be there by 7.
    Sausage & mash for tea tonight & spag bol tomorrow I think.
    I better go & shout at Katy or we'll never get to school on time.
    Have a good day.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure