PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Could you put me on the May list please? One of my challenges for today is to work out what the budget should be so will come back later with a number.

Sx
  • egon
    egon Posts: 439 Forumite
    Hi Mrs M, please put me down for £200 + €200.

The € are for our trip to Germany at the end of the month. They are coming out of a different account though..... I might not need it all to stock up on certain things, as we are going over again at Christmas.

We have been updating our budgets last night. How the h**k are some people managing? After everything going out etc, we might not bother planning any days out etc. Just no money left over. :eek: And I know, that a lot of people are worse off then us.
    Anyhow, I am now on a mission to get even better deals this year.

Good luck everyone.

Egon
    I wish Germany had a website like moneysavingexpert!
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Hi Mrs Macawber, I think I asked in the April challenge if I could carry my total over and keep posting in May, But I'm not sure if I said it in red, so might not have been very visible!:D

April to june challenge:£40 per month for 3 months, £23.92 of £120 remaining

Ta very much

Weezl x

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Disdisbiff
    Disdisbiff Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I would like to join the May Grocery Challenge my budget for this month will be £300 this is for 2 adults &3 children from 30/4-31/5
    Debt free since September 2018 :j:j:j
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Morning, can you put me in for £250 this month? Going to really try a bit harder this time, even if it is a longer month!! Already had Mr T delivery last night £80.30 (but that does include the batteries, so I may actually alter that a bit as they are not edible really are they!!). Babies mum's are remembering to buy some of the milk them selves now, and the babies are also on start of solids, so I think I need to get that Puree baby food stuff started before the jars take over. (so far been freebie ones that they had from baby clubs like Hipp).
    Good luck everyone.
    I want to follow this thread more often, and maybe research a few bits on the old ones, I miss so much only coming on every few days!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • egon
    Oh, can anyone post an easy recipe for HM rolls??? I tried Mrs M baps, but they didn't work out. Anything with milk in never seem to rise??? :confused:

Thanks a lot

Egon
  • Count me in please going to try really hard for a £285 this month.

Might be hard though considering the shopping has come already and after a few bits i had already picked up end of the month i only have now £60 to last the rest of the month (omg)
    Still Trying :o
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £400/£000
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=9914735&postcount=158

This is the recipe i use for rolls, it makes 6 adult size rolls, or 8 kiddie ones.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    OOOOHHHH a shiney new thread, i spend ages reading through and never seem to get much done around the house unless it cooking and figureing out what to put in various dishes.went tesco yesterday and got some pork loins £5 for 7 pieces any suggestions i would normally just bake them!!anyway off to update sig....goodluck everyone!!
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

• egon
    Thanks gunsandbanjos!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure