PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

need to use up lemon curd - ideas please

Options

Comments

• sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I made a cake using this recipe, but made a loaf cake instead of cupcakes. It was yummy!
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • sunshaeen
    sunshaeen Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    lemon curd ice-cream ....lovely x
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I met someone the other day who makes her own lemon curd (more lemons less sugar).

I make lemon curd - it's surprisingly quick and easy :) It also tastes far fresher and lemony than shop-bought.

I'll add this to the existing thread to give you more ideas.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Mrs_Bea
    Mrs_Bea Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I make crumble tart and the family inhale the stuff! Just make a pastry base and pop some lemon curd (or jam - works just as well) in as though you were making a tart. Put some basic crumble mixture on the top and bake until golden brown. Serve with ice cream.
    Enjoy :)
  • lucid
    lucid Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    if you have an ice cream maker mix the lemon curd with a tub of greek yougurt and churn ( if lemon curd isnt very lemony add juice of half lemon .mmmmmm need to buy lemon curd now
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I've been asked for my lemon curd recipe - I use Delia;s :)

Enjoy!
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much PP. I appreciate it. Do you have to use the golden caster sugar? Would granulated be ok?
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • pixie76
    pixie76 Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    What do you have it with or use it for?
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ :EasterBun
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Lemon tarts (jam tarts but with lc instead!). I do this with pie trimmings instead of chucking away the leftover pastry.
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love lemon curd on bread and butter and would also make jam tarts with it and a lemon microwave sponge pudding.. I just wish they would make it in a small jar , I don't buy it often and it never gets used up before it goes off...
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport