PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

need to use up lemon curd - ideas please

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lather it thickly on still warm HM white bread :drool: :drool: :drool: I'll add this to the existing lemon curd thread so that you can see other suggestions.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • HypnoNu
    HypnoNu Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    you should definitely make the moist lemon curd cake....it's SOOOOO good! I made mine in muffin cakes and in the end I have to give them away to my Mum and MIL because i couldn't be trusted around them! I ate 4 in about 15minutes.....:eek:
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    Make a regular plain muffin mix. Half fill the cases, divide the lemon curd between them, then top with the rest of the muffin batter.

Think I'll make a batch of curd soon; there's nothing better spread on a slab of HM, fresh, crusty white bread :drool: :drool: :drool:

Penny. x

Penny, I tried these today but the lemon curd sank. :o They're still delicious though :drool: and have used up most of the lemon curd that needed using but what did I do wrong. :confused:

Going to try the lemon cake posted above by lucasmum and freeze it. :T
  • jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Lemon Dumplings from the Be-Ro website http://www.be-ro.com/f_insp.htm yummy and quick for those sugar rush moments lol.

Jackie x
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I would spread it on sliced bread and butter, and make a lemony bread and butter pudding:
    Spread LC on B&B, cut into triangles and layer attractively in a buttered ovenproof dish, (or Remoska ;)) chuck a few raisins or sultanas in amongst.
    Sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
    Beat a couple of eggs into some milk and pour over the B&B, leave to soak in for half an hour, dot with butter and bake until golden. Hey presto!
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    I use it to sandwich two halves of victoria sandwich cake together instead of jam. Top with lemon icing made with icing sugar and lemon juice for sharpness to counter the sweetness of the cake and filling.
  • carole.uk
    carole.uk Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all i really fancy some of Twinks hobnobs:D but don;t have any golden syrup in is there something i can make with lemon curd :confused:
    I have a jar of lemon curd, chocolate spread, butter, sugar, flour, oats, eggs and lots of milk
    thanks for reading
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!:j:money:
  • littleredhen
    Options
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Sunnygirl_2
    Options
    Lemon curd tarts....same as jam tarts but with lemon curd instead.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah, as #3 lemon curd tarts: bit of pastry, cut circles, drop them into a standard bun tin, spoon of lemon curd, bake for whatever any recipe says, pull out.

Make 16, eat 4, tell everybody else there were only ever 12.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport