PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

need to use up lemon curd - ideas please

Options

Comments

• Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Smee - what pastry did you use?
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    put a sponge mix on top of it, microwave for about 8 minutes, turn out and enjoy with custard. mmmmmmmmmmmm
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    A Delia recipe:

www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/english/iced-lemon-curd-layer-cake.html

It looks good.I haven't tried it,but mean to.
  • LondonDreamer
    Options
    Grimbal wrote: »
    Nigella did a "no fuss" fruit tart recently that looked really quite nice

This did look good! On the same idea, Jamie recently did a quick lemon cheesecake topped with raspberries. He layered it, but I mixed the curd into the cream cheese. Yum!
  • pmorrisjones
    Options
    I met someone the other day who makes her own lemon curd (more lemons less sugar). She says she puts it in natural yogurt and it is yummy.
  • stiltwalker
    stiltwalker Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Posh variation to the lemon curd muffins, make a plain muffin and cook until just done, scoop out a spoonful from the top (a melon baller is good if you have one) and drop in a teaspoon of lemon curd and top with meringue, return to oven to cook the meringue. Dead easy but very ipressive looking and a good way to use up spare egg whites.

I also use lemon curd and lemon butercream in the middle of a plain sponge cake instead of the usual jam and cream victoria sponge for a nice change.
  • boltonangel
    boltonangel Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    i've just done the exact same thing and bought 2 jars of lemon curd for the jars themselves.

i will be reading this thread with interest!!! :)
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.

wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
    would love to win something 'proper'!!
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Grimbal wrote: »
    Nigella did a "no fuss" fruit tart recently that looked really quite nice

i saw this too im not a lemon curd fan but i do want to try this
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I second McKneff's microwave sponge idea - we did it yesterday to use up a jar we had in the back of the cupboard and it was delicious with some custard.
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • Penny_Pin
    Options
    I make my own lemon curd and it's delicious! I also use it as a filling for lemon drizzle cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport