Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Options

Comments

• TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been said but I bought Next Define in the sales without smelling a tester (never had a Next perfume I didn't like so this is fine for me!), and discovered it smells exactly like Armani 'For Her' (the one in the gold tube).

Great because that's one of my favourites, but a bit annoying since I just bought a bottle of Armani too in the Boots sales thinking I'd got a bargain when I'd been missing this the whole time!
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I tried the Lidl perfume -Suddenly for £3.99 as I had read it was better than Chanel.
    It is actually very nice and well worth it. I prefer it to a lot if my expensive perfumes and for that price you can carry it around with you.

CHANEL BEATEN BY LIDL’S £4 SCENT

Shoppers turned their noses up at Coco Mademoiselle in favour of Lidl's Suddenly Madame Glamour

CHANEL has lost out in a smell test to a cut-price supermarket scent.
    Ninety per cent of women in the test turned their noses up at £61 Coco Mademoiselle in favour of Suddenly Madame Glamour from Lidl at £3.99 for 50ml.
    The test was carried out on a panel of 150 women by an independent expert.
    John Bailey, founder of the Perfumers Guild, described Suddenly Madame Glamour as having “fresh citrus and floral notes merging to an alluring, exotic Oriental accord”.
    He added that it was a “timeless, affordable and classic fragrance”.
    The German owners of Lidl, at which sales have rocketed during the economic downturn, are now striving to keep up with demand.
    Spokeswoman Georgina Hall said: “We’ve seen huge numbers flocking to stores.
    “It shows a perfume doesn’t have to cost a bomb to make you feel instantly glamorous.”
    Money SPENDING Expert

• sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2012 at 6:16PM
    Options
    I ordered some samples from FM and I have to say I'm not impressed at all. The Versace Crystal Noir was so weak it didn't last more than about half an hour and after the first few minutes it smelled nothing like the original. Guerlain L'Instant was nothing like the original at all, not even close, nor was the Lacoste Pour Femme. The JPG Classique was good on similarity but again it didn't last :( They all had a very alcoholic smell too.

Rather than spend £16.99 on any of them I'll stick to my old faithful Perfume Parlour, or Milton Lloyd. Cheaper and much longer lasting.
  • cashrules
    cashrules Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Bought another 4 from Milton Lloyld taking my collection to 10. Not overly impressed with 331 Homme, America Sport but America Legend is nice and Poker is a beautifull fragrance

Please note I have nothing to compare these two so my opinion is just based on how they smell
  • I have some lovely chinese imports that I have bought the chanel I buy is just as good as the real thing but at a fraction of the price. I am trying to find an outlet for it, not sure how to do it dont want to do anything dishonest or unlawful. Is there a site that you can sell replica perfumes on legally.
  • sofababe
    Options
    I have some lovely chinese imports that I have bought the chanel I buy is just as good as the real thing but at a fraction of the price. I am trying to find an outlet for it, not sure how to do it dont want to do anything dishonest or unlawful. Is there a site that you can sell replica perfumes on legally.

You can sell them anywhere as long as the wording and labelling is correct. Ebay might be a good place to start :)
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone help? I've searched through the thread but not sure which sites your all using! (There are a few mentioned) I don't want to accidentally opt for the wrong site and find out later all my cash is gone... would also welcome any other sites as the perfumes I'm looking for are quite hard to find and although well heard of fairly hard to find mimics of- even on ebay they go for the same amount or more!
  • harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2012 at 5:43PM
    Options
    bluenose1 wrote: »
    I tried the Lidl perfume -Suddenly for £3.99 as I had read it was better than Chanel.
    It is actually very nice and well worth it. I prefer it to a lot if my expensive perfumes and for that price you can carry it around with you.

CHANEL BEATEN BY LIDL’S £4 SCENT

Shoppers turned their noses up at Coco Mademoiselle in favour of Lidl's Suddenly Madame Glamour

CHANEL has lost out in a smell test to a cut-price supermarket scent.
    Ninety per cent of women in the test turned their noses up at £61 Coco Mademoiselle in favour of Suddenly Madame Glamour from Lidl at £3.99 for 50ml.
    The test was carried out on a panel of 150 women by an independent expert.
    John Bailey, founder of the Perfumers Guild, described Suddenly Madame Glamour as having “fresh citrus and floral notes merging to an alluring, exotic Oriental accord”.
    He added that it was a “timeless, affordable and classic fragrance”.
    The German owners of Lidl, at which sales have rocketed during the economic downturn, are now striving to keep up with demand.
    Spokeswoman Georgina Hall said: “We’ve seen huge numbers flocking to stores.
    “It shows a perfume doesn’t have to cost a bomb to make you feel instantly glamorous.”

I went and bought this today and love it, certainly worth buying
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • sofababe
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Can anyone help? I've searched through the thread but not sure which sites your all using! (There are a few mentioned) I don't want to accidentally opt for the wrong site and find out later all my cash is gone... would also welcome any other sites as the perfumes I'm looking for are quite hard to find and although well heard of fairly hard to find mimics of- even on ebay they go for the same amount or more!

http://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/perfume-oil-for-women/perfume-oil-for-women/prod_481.php should be your first stop. Which fragrances are you looking for as I have an extensive list of dupes from several different companies :)
  • WeegieWumman
    Options
    My friend reckons her perfumes stay fragrant for longer if she first applies a little almond oil to her skin and then puts the perfume on the oiled areas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback