Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Options

Comments

• pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sofababe wrote: »
    There are several new additions on the PP list. I'm getting the urge to order again :o

What has caught your eye sofababe? I know you are the world's biggest perfume buyer (!) so I am interested in what you have seen.
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    pattycake wrote: »
    What has caught your eye sofababe? I know you are the world's biggest perfume buyer (!) so I am interested in what you have seen.

I'm keen to try Burberry Body, Chloe Love, (I had both of these as samples when they came out and liked them a lot), and I also want to try out Armani Diamonds Intense, Play, Prada Candy, J-Lo Live, and a couple of the Jo Malone ones.

@ Purichiii, if you read back through this thread you'll see that its well worth buying cheap perfumes, especially the oils as they are not diluted so do in fact last longer than high-end, high price designer perfume. I have both types in my rather large collection and enjoy wearing both but for value for money (and that is what this forum is about, after all) the oils win hands down!
    The link you included is interesting but the prices on there are still more expensive than many shops.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sofababe, are you going to be able to resist an order to try something new? Or is it just the genuine expensive stuff you are trying to resist according to your signature? I am always interested in your views on PP's offerings.

I have only tried one of the Jo Malone-alike oils. It was if I remember correctly Blue Agava and Cacoa or something similar. I found it to be far to masculine for my taste and gave it to my husband to use!
  • Eildor
    Eildor Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    anesty616 wrote: »
    i found this shop through a perfume party and lady pointed me to this perfectfragrance.co.uk website. email them what you normally wear and they'll send you samples of smell a like. my hubby loves paco rabanne 1 million and their one is FM199 only 16.99 for 100 ml bottle - such a life saver and lasts all day :) love it :beer:
    I contacted perfectfragrance.co.uk and requested samples of FM 64 and FM 302. FM 64 seems to be VERY much like Armani Code Pour Homme... unfortunately I just ran out of the original so I can't do a side by side comparison, but I've ordered a sample just so I can be certain. As for FM 302... I'm not sure what it's supposed to be; I've read it's supposed to be like Surge Lutens Ambre Sultan but can't comment as I have never smelt it... to me it smells a lot like Chanel Allure Pour Homme, though.

Anyway, I'm happy with perfectfragrance.co.uk and would definitely recommend you give them a try *nudges sofababe*
  • Robie
    Robie Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eildor wrote: »
    I contacted perfectfragrance.co.uk and requested samples of FM 64 and FM 302. FM 64 seems to be VERY much like Armani Code Pour Homme... unfortunately I just ran out of the original so I can't do a side by side comparison, but I've ordered a sample just so I can be certain. As for FM 302... I'm not sure what it's supposed to be; I've read it's supposed to be like Surge Lutens Ambre Sultan but can't comment as I have never smelt it... to me it smells a lot like Chanel Allure Pour Homme, though.

Anyway, I'm happy with perfectfragrance.co.uk and would definitely recommend you give them a try *nudges sofababe*

The perfectfragrance prices seem to be reasonable.

It would be good to list what their fragrances smell like. For example, someone mention FM199 smells like Paco Rabanne 1 Million. What about others?
  • Eildor
    Eildor Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Robie wrote: »
    The perfectfragrance prices seem to be reasonable.

It would be good to list what their fragrances smell like. For example, someone mention FM199 smells like Paco Rabanne 1 Million. What about others?

Yeah, I asked them for a list but they said they didn't have one.

Check this website out, I believe it's accurate.
  • george500
    Options
    My wife bought wish by chopard in debenhams today for 18 pounds for 50ml reduced from 36 pounds i think, its not exactly cheap but smells identical to thierry muggler Angel and that would set you back about 56 pounds for 50ml! and £107 for 100ml!:A
  • claire2711
    Options
    Anyone know if theres a list of what the fragrances smell like on Milton Lloyd? The oils seem good on PP but I prefer a spray! :beer:
    Doing the 365 day challenge and saving like crazy :D
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    claire2711 wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres a list of what the fragrances smell like on Milton Lloyd? The oils seem good on PP but I prefer a spray! :beer:

Posts 531 and 539 of this thread should help you out. PP also do sprays :)
    http://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/cheap-edp-spray-for-women/prod_49.php
  • karenmp
    Options
    does anyone know of anything similar to Ange ou Demon Le Secret by Givincy ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback