Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Options

Comments

• pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh yes, you can certainly tell you are wearing the oils and the sprays. They are indiscernible from the real thing - honestly. I have had loads of the oils and then re-order the ones I particularly like.

My favourite ever, which I think I have said in an earlier post, is Miss Dior Cherie (Charm). I have that in oil and spray.

At the moment I am very fond of the Vera Wang (Vertigo) and the Lady Million (Gold Lady). At the prices charged by PP you can afford to match your mood to your fragrance.

My daughter is a convert and has asked me to get her some oils for Christmas rather than just one bottle of a genuine perfume. I placed my order on Wednesday but it has been slightly delayed as they are out of stock of one of my choices. I have given them an alternative. I am trying to get ahead of the game with my Christmas shopping!
  • Kev27
    Kev27 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent stuff thanks for ya replies, mine arrived today and they all smell good, wore the mens one million spray and oil after i got out of the shower (it was a tough choice but i went for that one, although the fahrenheit is probably the best one followed up by the JPG and one million probably 3rd best for me) but so many more to try out yet and i plan on going through the lot over time! ha anyway i went to sayers with it on and the 2 women sayers workers were whispering somethin and i heard one say "i will fight ya for him!" an they both started laughing! only me in the shop so i presume the one million worked its magic already!! haha so glad i stumbled on this thread!! cheers ;)
  • cashrules
    Options
    Tactique from milton lloyd is a quality Givnechy Amarige clone
  • cashrules
    Options
    This will sound a bit silly but how do you guys apply the Milton Lloyd sprays?

It has a pump spray action like a deodorant so I'm never sure whether to do quick sprays as you would with a normal EDT or if you meant to hold on to the 'trigger' for longer to get the mist element. Either way works but I was just wondering what the consense is amongst the owners of the perfumes/edts
  • In_A_Pickle
    Options
    Thank you to all that have posted on this thread. I had my first delivery of 5 3ml perfume oils this week and I am very impressed! I have Ghost and DKNY for me and 3 others for xmas gifts which I will now be adding to. My sister is really happy as I have been able to order one of her favourites that is no longer for sale in the shops. These are going to be fab xmas gifts and at a fraction of the cost so I can get a couple for each person, thanks again MSE :)
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a FYI, Suddenly Madame Glamour is in the Jamaica St, Glasgow Lidl if anyone's looking, about 6 bottles on the shelf. I love it! My sis got me one recently from Blantyre and it is amazing for the price.

Got another for me, and another as a stocking filler for a friend. My sis loves it so much she bought 5!!! (and *not* for ebay, for herself)!
  • Loolooloo
    Options
    Camberley Lidl had Suddenly Madam Glamourous in yesterday, I bought 3 for stocking fillers and there were about 6 left.

Received my perfume oils from Perfume Parlour and must say am delighted. JPL both womens and mens are spot on as is the Gucci Rush :T
  • Eildor
    Eildor Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried one of the Armani Code (for men) types and could confirm how similar they are to the original? Most of the posts here are about the women's fragrances -- where are all the men?!

Thank you
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bletchley Lidl also have loads of Madame Glamour (no other perfumes though :( )
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I the only mug who thought Boss Orange would smell of oranges?!
    I had a hankering to revisit my youth in the 1970's and I remembered loving "Aqua Manda" a blow your head of strong orangey fragrance!
    My daughter just shook her head sadly when I told her I was disappointed in the Boss fragrance.
    I understand now that it just refers to the colour of the bottle or box , something like that and it does smell OK but not what I thought I was getting
    *embarrased smile*
    Norn Iron Club member 473
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport