digital luggage scale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
72 replies 53.1K views
1234568»

Replies

• PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dank4000 wrote: »
    Grr! thanks for the tip Pollycat.
    I guess that makes the 50 quid I spent on a suitcase specifically for cabin baggage a massive waste of money then! :T

I know what you mean, Dank.

I was looking for some decent hand luggage a couple of years ago, the more I looked into it, the more it did my head in.
    I checked a number of airline websites and found lots of different dimensions, although (at the time) the 55 x 40 x 20cm seemed to be pretty standard across a number of airlines - Thomson, BMIBaby, Ryanair, Easyjet.

Not only that, even though some hand luggage stated certain dimensions on the label, I found that measuring them with a tape measure, they were actually slightly bigger than stated. :eek:

Also, although some labels stated 'OK for cabin baggage', this wasn't necessarily the case if you were travelling budget/charter, but OK for scheduled airlines - BA is 56 x 45 x 25cm, including handle, pockets and wheels.

Thomas Cook's dimensions (last time we flew with them in June 2009) were 43 x 28 x 23cm.

In the end, I gave up and decided to stick with our Antler rucksacks, which are very ligtweight and within the dimensions of all but Thomas Cook.

The times we've flown with Ryanair (city breaks, so hand luggage only), we've never been asked to put our bags into the measuring cage but that's probably because they don't LOOK too big.
  • feeshfeesh Forumite
    328 Posts
    I just bought these from Clas Ohlson for £7.99
    http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=149260498
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides