digital luggage scale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
72 replies 53.1K views

Replies

• Why not try your local fishing tackle shop? You should be able to get a cheap pair of hand scales accurate enough for what you want. Just make sure they go up to the maximum weight you require.
    Age & Treachery Will Always Overcome Youth & Enthusiasm !!

Remember a Whisper is greater than a Shout!
  • Microstar_2Microstar_2 Forumite
    433 Posts
    Try this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1164

About $10 (about £5) including shipping to UK. Well made and better than 1kg accuracy. Takes about 10 days to arrive.
  • colmilcolmil Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    The adverts I've seen for these scales are for small cases, how can these scales
    possibly weigh a full size case?
    Filiss
  • PBAPBA Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    hollydays wrote: »
    er..don't have any..
    er, buy some then. Shouldn't cost you more than a fiver (I think ours were three quid from Asda). Cheaper and more versatile!
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bathroom scales works fine for us .. in my experience most airlines don't seem to care about 1 or 2Kg over either.

Ivan
    Don't waste time on other peoples first world problems
  • SheelSheel Forumite
    45.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    colmil wrote: »
    The adverts I've seen for these scales are for small cases, how can these scales
    possibly weigh a full size case?

I bought some scales the same as THESE recently (at Debenhams for £7.99) before my recent flights on Ryanair and you can weigh heavy cases on it , but I must admit it was hard work for me to lift up :o

You could probably hang the scales on a hook though , so you don't have to strain yourself.
    Same old same old since 2008

• trets77trets77 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    MinniLilli wrote: »
    I can't beat the Ebay price, but if you go straight to the Balanzza site, they sell it with free shipping in the UK. (www.balanzza.co.uk)

The Times were selling them for exact same price through thier exclusive weekend shopping mag. so trust worthy supplier you would think
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • JMU-95JMU-95 Forumite
    187 Posts
    BenL wrote: »
    At JFK when coming home we used some check in desks that were not in use and weighed our cases on these before going to real check in.

This gave us chance to remove item and either bin them, wear them or switch to hand luggage to avoid charges.

Looks easier to do there than in a UK airport.

Just did the same as BenL, at Dublin airport. Went to a checkin desk where there was no queue and asked the lady if we could measure our cases. She said no problem. So glad we did, one of them was way over so we were able to then take the cases away and distribute clothes out evenly between the our two cases and our hand luggage so as to avoid Ryanair's charges. :T
    Interestingly we had measured them on our bathroom scales before we left home and they were both under the 15KG.

Anyhow, just proves it's no skin of their noses if you measure your luggage at an unused desk (not assoc. with the airline your flying with)
  • Nikko5Nikko5 Forumite
    99 Posts
    JMU-95 wrote: »
    Just did the same as BenL, at Dublin airport. Went to a checkin desk where there was no queue and asked the lady if we could measure our cases. She said no problem. So glad we did, one of them was way over so we were able to then take the cases away and distribute clothes out evenly between the our two cases and our hand luggage so as to avoid Ryanair's charges. :T
    Interestingly we had measured them on our bathroom scales before we left home and they were both under the 15KG.

Anyhow, just proves it's no skin of their noses if you measure your luggage at an unused desk (not assoc. with the airline your flying with)

Don't ever try this at Girona airport in Spain. They are the most rude, obnoxious check-in staff I have ever had the misfortune to meet and they will, point-blank, refuse to let you use un-opened check-in desks to weigh your luggage prior to check-in!

I have flown from >50 airports worldwide and Girona is the ONLY one where I have yet found this to be the case!!!
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the new 2009 model sold by Balanzza is an improvement on the original - or not?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals