Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    This strikes me as a surefire way of "killing the goose that lays the golden egg".

Why on earth would anyone want to do that and spoil it for everyone else. Surely the best thing to do is ask the offending manager if you can speak to him somewhere privately and point out to him the error of his ways and the consequences for Tesco if he doesn't. Quoting the £2,000 fines from Trading Standards and whatever it might be from the Advertising Standards Agency plus reporting this to Tesco CS in Scotland will be sufficient for him to mend his ways.

I picked up 2 packs of steak today (shelf £9.49/Kilo, Pack £10.49/Kilo) and was refunded with no problem after the girl checked.

But I would hate all this to end abruptly just because a few people on here would like to see Tesco "punished" severely. Just seems barmy to me.

With respect I beg to differ at risk of identifying myself to some I may wish not to I will post below the content of a pm I have just sent to another user in response to a pm received by myself, in the hope you can see why the shift in tactics by ourselves will ensure the policy remains in one form or another.

My response

Yes indeed, there is actually a group of managers challenging head office over refund and replace policy and even risking disciplinary action in some cases for their refusal to adopt policy, Tesco are in a crisis over this at the moment because the policy is actually starting to work in identifying poor housekeeping within certain stores ie those repeatedly having to apply policy (every refund is flagged to head office and they in turn contact manager and question circumstances and require explanation) and obviously demanding higher standards, the managers in turn are questioning staffing levels to ensure pricing integrity and giving customers in turn hassle in order to force complaints to head office this is why the complaints need now to be made to T.S to ensure the manager do not get their way and kill off refund and replace, one hit by T.S on any store will put the S**T's up Tesco head office as T.S will sting them big in one test case and they are aware of that especially on the back of the recent M&S prosecution!

I have posted this to indicate what is happening behind the scenes at Tesco just now, this is a response to a pm I received from another user who also has evidence of the content above I have not named the user as I do not think it fair to do so and I don't really see it would serve any purpose.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • ben500
    Options
    This is not about punishment in any event it is about FREE produce and consumer power to ensure pricing integrity within the supermarket industry, the big supermarkets are pillaging this country through such practices, do you not think that maybe not only Tesco are watching this thread but the other "Fat boys" too? The retail industry is still recoiling from M&S's exposure recently and watching very closely with the full kowledge that gravy trains sometimes run out of gravy!

I would be satisfied if I could go into a supermarket (Any supermarket) buy one weeks shopping and not overcharged for one single item, I suspect however that time is still a long way off.

• djohn2002uk
    Options
    With respect from me too, I don't think you are quite getting the point or I didn't make my thoughts clear enough.

If Tesco get hit by Trading Standards over this, then surely the outcome will be a real tightening up of the shelf labelling and any other pricing that may fall foul of the law. That in itself will make it far less likely that we will find the amount of "free" stuff that we are experiencing at this time.

I'm not really interested in the way Tesco deal with their managers, but deal with them I'm sure they will if they are not doing their job properly and that will also mean less "free" stuff in due course but surely not as quick as involving TS and ASA.

Let's grab what we can for as long as we can and not jeopardise what we have going for us.

I'm happy to check that I haven't been overcharged and slip a few things in where I think I will be. I know which ends up chearest for me.
  • ben500
    Options
    Sorry but like I said I would be content if they just stopped ripping us off!

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    the thread is getting too long and off topic again so I've started a new one. The continuation thread can be found here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure