Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options

Comments

• cheenyweeny
    Options
    I do wish people wouldnt say "trading standards"
    Tesco are only one of a few offering this policy - too many complaints "officially" will mean they drop it .
    be nice - take your chance- go to another store !!!
    there is always mistakes - so no hurry as long as its their policy !
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    I do wish people wouldnt say "trading standards"
    Tesco are only one of a few offering this policy - too many complaints "officially" will mean they drop it .
    be nice - take your chance- go to another store !!!
    there is always mistakes - so no hurry as long as its their policy !

OOps thanked you there instead of quote, sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one, Trading Standards are there for a specific purpose to ensure fair play between traders and their victims not their customers!
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • nannaC
    nannaC Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    On subject of reduced/bogof bought 2 pks fresh green beens on bogof other day reduced down down to 30p each, Bogof worked ok, has on other reduced items as well. PS In reply to Colin you got Sirloin steak at same time, and haven't invited me NannaC for sunday tea [Roast Lamb]
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    ben500 wrote:
    OOps thanked you there instead of quote

QUOTE]

Just done the same thing! :mad:
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spotted today Tesco Organic Topside beef roasting joints, shelf says £6.79 per Kilo, packet has £7.49 per Kilo on them.
  • Rave
    Rave Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    Bought two packs of bacon yesterday (500g of smoked back, £2.49 on shelf, £2.89 on pack) and the girl did the "the bar codes don't match up so it must refer to a different item" routine. I tried to persuade her but couldn't be bothered in the end so just got a refund. Before you all jump on me and tell me to be more bolshy- this girl has previously refunded me with no argument on two previous occasions so I'm inclined to think it was ignorance of the policy/ consumer law rather than malice. I wasn't going to cause a scene as I live in a rather downmarket area and I'm sure they probably deal with a lot of troublemakers in the store anyway- better to let it go for the sake of an easy life in the future I reckon.

I am however going back in a minute to get some Value Red Leicester, and I may grab some Double Gloucester and Blue Stilton from the deli too, both of them were mispriced. In fact only four price tickets were visible at all, so I reckon the deli 'grab it' section may well have more freebies for the taking!
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    katskorner wrote:
    Just got refunded for two Ciabatta loaves that should have been BOGOF and were reduced but didn't go through as BOGOF. They said it didn't apply to reduced stuff and when i pointed out that this was not displayed anywhere, they gave me the refund.

However, it now raises the issue - is the policy changing again so that BOGOF offers do not apply to reduced goods? If so, they reduced goods could actually prove more costly than fresh items on BOGOF. Just a thought.

My Tescos used to give a full item credit for two reduced price item on bogof, so they could end up paying you to take their stuff away from them. It was always a good idea to buy other goods aswell so they wouldn't notice.

However, they changed that so that you only got the price of the reduced item refunded.

Bogof on reduced items do still work.

"Buy two and get 1 pound off" also works in the reduced price items (there was an offer on tesco finest range buy 2 get 1 pound back recently).

The thing I have found which doesn't now work , but which used to is "buy 2 for 5 pounds" if your reducies are valued below 5 pounds you won't get any extra credit, if they are valued above 5 pounds you should get that brought down to 5 pounds (but you might aswell buy two fressh ones). In the past on this type of offer the supposed saving of 1.50 or whatever would still be credited on two reduced price items ( so again they could end up paying you to take it away.)

If an item is bogof or "Buy 2 save 1 pound" and they don't honour it on reducies, then they are breaking the trading rules.
  • Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Couldn't find any meat wrongly priced today,but the 200g Tesco Scottish Salmon was £4.09 on pkt 3.75 on shelf and the Smoked Haddock was £3.76lb £3.11 on shelf. I very nearly picked up the Healthy Eating Lemon Sole this was something like £4.68 on pkt but £4.69 shelf BUT the kg price of £10.99 was the same. I don't think I would have got a refund on this(do you?) but it is a warning to check the kg pricesrather than the lbs!.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • xlt_hunter
    xlt_hunter Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    I thought traders are not allowed to sell products using lbs for weights?
  • Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe thats why they also list the Kgs and probably what they would have quoted if I'd tried to say I was overcharged. One day I'll get use to dealing in kg, I'll cetainly be checking kg price against kg price in the future.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport