Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options

Comments

• lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lulu650 wrote:
    Oooh, my first mispriced Tesco find! On special offer are two packs of brioches for £1.16 instead of 99p each.

Ooops! Should have said £1.60. Anyway got some more today, still mispriced, but this time customer services were a little more on the ball and took the special offer cards down.
    Damn those bright young girls! ;-)
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    Heads Up!

Tesco Brazillian Rump steak packs shelf edged @ £7.58 (no weight indication) inferring pack price to be £7.58 when in fact it is £7.58 per kilo, find a pack heavier than 1 kilo and bingo you have a freebie, most of the packs are under 1k but there are some that are over.

Happy Hunting!
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldn't it be the packs that are under a Kg that you are being overcharged on. If it is £7.58 kg and the pack weighs less than 1kg, but you are charged for a kg?
    I think these are £7.58 a pkt in my local store anyway so no good to me or does it say £5.58kg on the pkt?
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • PeteM
    PeteM Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    I think what Ben is saying, is that the price on the shelf takes it for granted that the weight is exactly 1kg. So if it is over that weight, you're be charge that little extra. However, the shelf label would suggest all are the same price. Which technicaly they are... all of the 1kg ones anyway!!
  • ben500
    Options
    Joto wrote:
    Wouldn't it be the packs that are under a Kg that you are being overcharged on. If it is £7.58 kg and the pack weighs less than 1kg, but you are charged for a kg?
    I think these are £7.58 a pkt in my local store anyway so no good to me or does it say £5.58kg on the pkt?

Exactly my point you THINK they are £7.58 a packet because that's exactly what the display appears to say as there is no reference to weight on the sign, actually MOST of them are far below this price as the average pack weight is only about 875g but some of the packets are say 1.2kg and you WON'T be charged £7.58 for them but more like £9.00 due to the extra weight as the £7.58 shelf edging should read per kilo but doesn't.

Hope that makes it a little clearer for you.

• Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Thanks it does.
    Have you tried putting one of these higher weight packs through? if they are going through at more than the £7.48 they would have to refund I think.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • ben500
    Options
    Yes and Yes :D

• tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    Good day yesterday, in one of the Tesco Extras in Manchester. Got a whole duck and three packs of quick cook turkey breasts, all at the wrong price per kilo.
    Roast duck for dinner last night was very nice :D
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    OH came home on Sunday with three packs of hot chicken that he got for free. The were £1.78 originally and reduced to 50p - BUT, they had put a per kg reduced label on so effectively reduced the packs to 50p per kg rather than the 50p per pack that they obviously meant.

He had a discussion at CS about it where they insulted his intelilligence and told him that surely his common sense must tell him it is 50p per pack, not per kg. He stood his ground and was having none of it. Result, red-faced upset CS supervisor and free chicken for us.

They are always putting per kg labels on when they reduce deli stuff in our store and half the time it is obvious that they didn't intend to reduce it by price per kg. Worth keeping your eyes open for this is a store near you...
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    smoked rindless bacon 1.89 on packet 1.49 on shelf - (pack does not say rindless but it is this one)

rump steak £7.98 on packet £7.49 on shelf -

bacon in freezer, steak for tea (also found some beef in gravy but there was a sign saying 12 only per customer)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure