Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options

Comments

• PeteM
    PeteM Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    Just got back from T's and bagged two Bacon Joints which were refunded with a smile. They were the only two on the shelf marked up as £3.42 per Kg.

Printed off the list of "Tesco Frozen Foods Mega Reductions" and found that they were either back to their usual prices, or out of stock. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=11502&page=1&pp=10

So it would seem from earlier comments, that you bulk buy an overcharged item, as long as you don't expect a refund for each of them?

But that would mean (as Ben has previously mentioned), they would do the right thing for one item, if you turned a blind eye to the others!
  • scottishchick27
    Options
    I was in yet nother branch of Tesco's today and they still had the 400g pack of smoked salmon at £4.04 when it should have been £3.65. That's 4 places in my surrounding area with same mistake so have a look. Never bought any, was just being nosy. Also noticed that the salmon flakes and crab sticks were also priced wrongly.
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • PeteM
    PeteM Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    Sound like something Fishy to me!!
  • WeirdoMagnet
    WeirdoMagnet Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In Ayr, Douwe Egberts filter coffee (green & red packs) 250g - marked on yellow shelf tab as 100% Extra Free (100% in tiny writing!), but only normal 250g packs on shelf! Purchased two packs, took them to Customer Service, said I only just realised that they did not contain 100% extra. CS lady went to check it out, came back, could not work out why it was wrong(?!?!) as the bar codes were the same, but said "I'll give you it anyway", so £4.98 back onto my card!
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
  • Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Good Shop today, Healthy Eating Turkey steaks pkt £7.22 shelf price £5.22,Tesco Finest Rump Steak £10.49 shelf price £9.49, Duck £2.72 shelf price £2.09. Picked up 4 x turkey, 4 x steak and 1 x Duck. All refunded, so yes they do refund multi buys. I said I was buying whilst they wereon special offer!!
    I haven't been in a position yet when the CS wasn't anything other than apologetic for THEIR error ( which is why I may have been so bold).Surely whether someone is buying an item because it is mis priced isn't the issue. If Tesco wasn't advertising a cheaper price therefore over charging you couldn't 'find it', which is certainly the argument I would offer if (or should I say when I'm questioned). In my defence I would and do buy this type of quantity of food when it is on special offer or reduced.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • ozvaldinho
    Options
    Since starting this expoitation of Tescos refund policy with enthusiasm and some success, I've been shocked by the amount of overcharges I've picked up by remembering all the prices and checking them off on the receipt. My last 2 visits have thown up overcharges I wasn't expecting.

Today's example: pack of 8 butter brioche rolls, 2 for £1.60, or £1.36 each. Came up on the till at 99p each; last time it was the same story but with peas.

I quite openly explained that I was looking for errors, but some were genuine, though I don't know if she believed me.

Also got 2 pork loin steaks, organic ones, refunded: shelf price £10.99 kg, pack price £11.99 kg.

Happy hunting!
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    hi - its that time of night when my brain switches off, whats the overcharge with the brioche rolls? - if sel said 1.36 but till said 99p?
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    Tesco's Finest Scottish Rump Steak
    £10.49/Kg on Label
    £9.49/Kg on Shelf

Barcode starts: 023016

tesco004.jpg

Another one for the freezer :beer:
  • gingercordial
    Options
    Spotted in Tesco Metro on Stroud Green Road (London N4): at least a dozen packs of turkey steaks marked and priced at £7.22/kg even though large promotional shelf edge label said down to £5.22/kg.

Was with bf who doesn't like fuss and said I mustn't do it whilst he was there, needed him to help carry shopping so had to leave them! Might pop in for a few, er, "essentials" tomorrow night when he's out though!
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    Deleted duplicate post
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport