Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options

Comments

• ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    It makes no difference if the kilo or lb prices differ if there is ANY differential they MUST adhere to the lower price in order to avoid overcharging you and refunding and replacing, that's assuming you don't report the matter to the Trading Standards in which case they face a penalty if convicted of up to £2,000.00 per ITEM so a full shelf facing of cheese can carry an average of 80 packs, one item can cost them £160,000.00 in fines, so point out just exactly how much you are saving them stand your ground and get your goodies, if it gets hairy simply take your shopping along with receipt and freephone number for head office which they will supply for you and deal with head office, this is not something they can weasal out of at will, this is a nationally advertised policy displayed in every store and on tv campaigns and they MUST comply with it or change it with the same amount of publicity that it is marketed.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • mb20goo
    mb20goo Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    xlt_hunter wrote:
    I thought traders are not allowed to sell products using lbs for weights?

Per lb is only there as a guideline for customers! Products are sold per kilo.
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oooh, my first mispriced Tesco find! On special offer are two packs of brioches for £1.16 instead of 99p each. Went through the till and the price wasn't changed as per sign. So my money back at customer services. Wonder if they'll change this by tomorrow?
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • pips-ftm
    pips-ftm Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    tesco,s south shields gammon joints shelf price £7.98 pack price £8.48 bit of a hassle at c/s for a couple of mins then FREE FOOD +MONEY BACK guess what i,m havin for dinner today
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    So can you get a refund and replace, if either the shelf price or the pack price are not the same? As long as you are charged the higher of the two.

Pity about that because a long time ago I noticed all the organic cheese pack prices were gone crazy, shelf said 6.49/kg, some packs said 6.49/kg some said 7.49/kg some said 8.49/kg I called over a girl and showed her, she took them all off the shelf.

I realise now I could have had free cheese! damn.
  • Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    I do not normally shop at Tesco but went to take advantge of the VAT free weekend and whilst there picked up a pack of Top Trumps. Shelf price £3.97,went through the till at £3.99!!!

Staff at customer service were not big on conversation and must have been worrried about their face cracking if they raised a smile but..
    Guess what....my very first freebie..I might change to Tesco after all.

:T :T :T
    :j
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    hi

pleading tiredness in my defence...what are Top Trumps?
  • Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    Its card games. The cards each feature a character or whatever and are given differant scores for age,weight,height,evilness etc. you can get them for lots of things cars,animals,football palyers.They are shared out equally and someone trys to win all the cards by beating the score! Sorry hope that makes sense..my 10yr old gets a lot of fun out of them and I bought these ones to go in with an 11yr olds birthday present. They are especially good for long jouneys at keeping kids amused!
    :j
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    cheers for the explanation
  • misterthrifty
    Options
    In Warwick Tesco today the Edam 1/4 cheese was £3.65 kg on the shelf and £3.94 on the packet, so a shop of £10.50 less vouchers making £2.50 and a refund on the cheese means they paid me to take away their goods! I only went in for some batteries as well.

Mr T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport