Budget Planner Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• jam_tomorrow
    Options
    Hi, I have an old email account that I can no longer get on (computer was cleaned up and email server removed didn't know broadband providers passwords from years ago so couldn't reinstall it via thunderbird) gave up on it a year ago and have new email now.
    I've had problems with a few sites where I can't use the password reminder service because it would obviously send reset link to the old email and can't change the email address because I'm not logged in to site. With most of these sites I've been able to ring up and speak to someone who has then been able to sort it out for me, my question is : Does budgetbrain have anyone I can call to change my login details or do I have to just start a new planner?
    Appologies for posting this again, I posted it the other day but think it must have been an old thread.
  • rosielea
    rosielea Posts: 46 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Peeps!
    This Budget Brain a really good idea; I used to keep a book with all my income and expenditure in, putting in the things I bought everyday no matter how small they were and kept running totals for both the week and the whole month but got out of the habit of doing it.
    I haven't started it straight away though because I'm very nervous regarding puting personal stuff on the Net, I'm wondering just how safe the Budget Brain is; can anyone clarify?
  • longkaka28
    Options
    I love fine country
  • Konny
    Konny Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi all i have been with my husband for 10 years now and I feel I have gone every which way to teach him about managing money and how to budget but to no avail. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions because money in his hands is like water through a sieve. I will make up budgets to help us and to ensure that we can save and put away for the future... come the statements and here it is £10 withdrawn on such and such a date and the next week the same so on so forth...what for...its gotten to the point of where I want to take his bank card away from him and give him an allowance like a child who cannot be responsible, it literally makes me want to pull my hair out and scream blue murder. I know we all earn money and we want to enjoy it as well but it doesn't help if we short at the end of the day and he looks to me as if to say what now dear??? please fix. I have gone grey before my time... thank if anyone can help.
  • chazzie83
    chazzie83 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Konny wrote: »
    Hi all i have been with my husband for 10 years now and I feel I have gone every which way to teach him about managing money and how to budget but to no avail. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions because money in his hands is like water through a sieve. I will make up budgets to help us and to ensure that we can save and put away for the future... come the statements and here it is £10 withdrawn on such and such a date and the next week the same so on so forth...what for...its gotten to the point of where I want to take his bank card away from him and give him an allowance like a child who cannot be responsible, it literally makes me want to pull my hair out and scream blue murder. I know we all earn money and we want to enjoy it as well but it doesn't help if we short at the end of the day and he looks to me as if to say what now dear??? please fix. I have gone grey before my time... thank if anyone can help.

Konny as i used to be shocking at managing money i've come up with a little system i use i usually budget for £250 a month for spare cash and just withdraw the cash weekly at £50 a week usually as i used to forget when i had used my bank card and would spend more money than i wanted maybe you could introduce this to your husband it might help him.
  • Myworld
    Options
    I was reading another thread on this topic, and like many others, but this thread is completely different with others.
  • GloriaAndrewCar
    Options
    I have to say a good old fashioned spreadsheet makes managing your budget a whole lot easier!
  • TooClumsy
    Options
    Hello! First timer on this thread and in general... (as if the Newbie alert didnt give it away)

I was wondering if people would be willing to share how they budget-especially for things like food and clothing and also their personal budget templates?

I personally use Excel, googledocs is free but they own the contents/have access to the contents so be wary :)

Myself and DH budget on a monthly basis and forecast ahead maybe a month or two, based on birthdays and any planned weekends. We then "actualise" the data by filling in on a weekly basis so I can track how we are doing throughout the month. This has been working for us since July this year.

Prior to this we were going through an expensive "trial and error" period, which meant that it looked as though we still had money to spend etc, which I let DH be in charge of and it did not work out well! Now we have a "split" sheet as we dont actually have a joint account atm, so for Fluid things like "recreation", "eating out" hubbie would pay for as I would have Fixed things like credit card bills, insurance DDs etc.

Sorry maybe too much information for my first post! Apologies if you got bored....
    GC Challenge 2018:
    Jan £309.44/£290.72
    Feb £204.81/£290
    March £153.60/£300
  • Clavius
    Options
    Just wondering if Martin has ever thought of producing a budget planner app for Android or even some sort of personal finance tracker? There seem to be a lot out there but I'm sure he'd make a better job of it. Every one I've tried has one limitation or another that makes them unsuitable.
  • cled63
    cled63 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a budget app for the iPhone that can be used by two people. It would make sense for us if we could both keep track of any expenditure etc on our individual iPhones as and when we need to, but we have a joint budget so it would need to be an app that would update the joint budget. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance cled63
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback