PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily 31st March 2008

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for today. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all :D

The clocks going forward are confusing my poor body clock :confused: I just couldn't get back to sleep so here I am. I think it's also down to the excitement of starting 'the' new job tomorrow :j I'm expecting DD's down at any minute because they seem to have some sort of radar that wakes them up if I dare to venture downstairs before them :rotfl:

Today I'm going to de-clutter and pack up rest of house (obviously leaving out the essentials so that we can be clean, fed and dressed) I just think the more I do now the less I've got to do later. One load of washing to go and a bit of ironing and the floors need cleaning. I will also give the bathroom a quick once-over. So a busy day planned here chez jet's :cool:.

I made a lovely stock from yesterdays chicken carcas (had loads of mash, chicken and veg left too which I've frozen) so am going to make a broth later. Am also going to make a mince mix as want to get some used up beforeI go back to work ... will freeze most of it ;)

I'm off to catch up on the rest of yesterdays thread ... Hope everyone has a great day and (((HUGS))) to those who want/need them.

Luv xx

JUST DO IT ONE BRICK AT A TIME
PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
Weekly Budget: groceries£50/petrol£50/Unnecesary£15
DEBT PAID = 58% (£4,212/£8216):T

Comments

• beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Morning Jet - and all to follow! I'm awake early too and have now given up on trying to get back to sleep. So, the WM is on and the kettle is nearly boiling. Am hoping to get up to Cambridge today to see the new Grand Arcade shopping centre.The new John Lewis store there is great. Hope I don't come back with an empty purse! SC going on later - beef and carrot casserole with dumplings I think. Weather grey so far, but hopefully will brighten up later. have a good day everyone - ((HUGS)) to all who need one today, and congratulations to anyone celebrating.
    Edit: Just read end of yesterday's thread - hope your sister's not had too bad a night Gazza, and that they sort her out quickly.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Someone was trying to decide which job to take, I must apologise I meant to post saying I would take the more challenging job - which did you decide was best for you?

Was it you Jet?

((((((hugs)))))) all round

Did some decluttering yesterday, I bought DH one of those video photo frames for Christmas, but we will had a load of photo frames around, so scanned those in and added to the card for the player, and took some down.:j :j ;)

Still battling sorting from re-arranging rooms and just putting stuff away without sorting, now trying to get sorted. Managed to get rid of some clutter, but not enough yet. Only 8 days to our next trip:j :j

Take care - DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning jet77, Beemuzed and all who cross/follow,:hello:

i arrived at w**k nice and early today and i`m already on my second cuppa:rolleyes:
    I really need to get used to the clocks changing and sort myself out as the routine with the appliances has to change as we`re on economy 7 for our electricity.
    This morning the wm and dw have been put on so that they are both ready to be emptied when i get home and the bm has turned out a lovely french loaf so that we can have garlic bread with our dinner. Dinner tonight will be chilli con carne and i`m looking forward to it YUM!
    Offski to do some w**k now.
    Have a great Monday everyone.

((((HUGS)))) for Smoky and anyone else who would like one.
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. I have taken the day off, last one used up in the fiscal year 2007-08. It's my daughters's 14th, so I have to take 6 kids to Newquay zoo and then on to KFC. Wonderfull! It's currently howling a gale and wet, so I don't know if plans will change by 1pm.
    I managed to get all my wood cut for me greenhouse shelving yesterday which turned out nice in the end.
    I also planted 2 huge gunnera plants which we were given. I hope they take as they will make a great feature near the pond.
    Coffee is on, and I need to balance my bank account and see if I have any money left.
    I have to buy heating oil today :cry: I know that's going to cost me a lot.... I always seem to be paying catch up with oil and not saving ahead. It's 3 times the price it was 6 years ago and they say inflation is 2%. :rotfl:
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning! DH has gone to w*** and the Small Penguins are still sleeping for another couple of hours. I'm about to do some ironing, and continue unpacking and laundry from the holiday.

I think it's calzone for tea, and I'm going to make a cake and some biscuits (lemon shortbread, perhaps). Need to visit the farm shop for fruit and veg, and complete my online grocery shop for delivery tomorrow.

Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Good luck in your new job Jet, hope you have a great day

We had a good weekend digging at the allotment, so should be able to think about getting my potatoes in soon, but it does need to dry out a bit first. Bought a ramshackle old shed off someone yesterday, but DH thinks there might be some little visitors inside / underneath, so think I will stay out of the way while he dismantles it. I know, I am a grandma, I shouldn't be scared of mice :D

Got on the scales this morning, and seem to have put on 1.5 lbs, no idea how that happened as I thought I was good yesterday. Anyway, work today so will have some pasta for lunch, and jacket potato for dinner.

Hope everyone has a good day. ((( hugs ))) Smokey x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    morning folks,

this clock changing has put me out too :rolleyes: , really struggled getting up this morning, hope everyone is well today.

Jet good luck with the new job tomorrow xx

Just put the SC on to warm up, have some stewing steak which has been marinading in guinness, worcestershire sauce and horseradish since yesterday, will put it in the sc in a bit, and make it into a beef and ale pie for tea, will go a cauli and brocoli cheese with it, DD does not like cauli on its own, but loves cauil cheese :confused: .

Got a lot of washing to do today, its a bit grey here at the moment, hope it brightens up a bit, need to try and get it all dry.

Kathy your hubbies birthday saga reminded me yesterday, when I will first born, and for the first seven years, my parents celebrated my birthday on the 12th March, it was not untill I needed a passport to go abroad that they discovered it was actually the 7th that I was born :rolleyes: , they felt so guilty that for a few years after, I had two birthdays :T , hope he had a good day xx

Well better go and deal with the SC, have good days all xx

Gazza, hugs and best wishes for your sister.

smokey hugs to you all xx
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to Smokey & Family also to PP, Mrs Mix, Gazza's sis, Jay, Choc orange & Benthos (hows the knitting going?)
    Essex, Katy is looking to find a job & move to London to be nearer her friends, so July is the deadline, I have told her I have a new tenant lined up for July.
    WB Haribo, did you get lost?
    I'm of to work soon, but Katy is still wandering round the kitchen in her dressing gown, she seems tired, but I'm not sure if it's the clock changing or her online antics that are wearing her out!
    Chicken ham & Mushroom pie tonight, made with leftovers from yesterday.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options

I think it's calzone for tea, . x

Oooo Pen whats calzone ?

xx
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Oooo Pen whats calzone ? xx
    :rotfl: :rotfl: I've just googled it too rr. :rotfl: :rotfl: Here.

DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure