PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• funkyfunkymonkey
    funkyfunkymonkey Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs M

You could start a 'Mrs McCawber's Recipe Thread' - it would be brill.

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    Just watching Neil Diamond with mum! He's coming to Cardiff and were debating whether to go!

Just told OH that someone on here is 'thinking' about going to see Neil Diamond, didn't know whether to go or not. His response was 'duh' :rotfl: :rotfl: Sorry, but you really must go.

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • queen_of_string
    Options
    Just spotted someone on our local freecycle offering spinach, going to ask for some. Do hope this becomes a trend, people offering their veg instead of it going to waste.
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry but have to hijack thread to say I'M GOING TO SEE NEIL DIAMOND!!!!! HEHEH!!! jUST BOOKED...L18 which are good tickets! Like the oscars thaks to Weezl who told me it was on and epecial thanks to my mum...whos paying!! We decided o watch it on telly & mum lasted about 1 line & said quick book em!! Both of us feel that its a once in a lifetime and he's getting on a bit so it will almost certainly be the last time he's here...whats quite sad is that I know the words and mum doesent!! Mum is already i love with him..."its those brown eyes that does it"...suspect the same happened with my dad lol!!
    (sorry terribly off topic but hey I forraged for weird stuff so think the lovely Weezl will let me off (plus its her fault!) ...
    Weezl are you alive?!!

Back to topic and spinach & cheese pie recipe would be fab! I recon you could post on here so other pepys can share too! Just try to make sure you post the author/book for copyright stuff!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    ISOM, can I come too? Just looked at the price of the tickets at O2 on the Saturday £100+ for one ticket. Cheapest £70 on the Tuesday, but would have to pay for 4 tickets 'cos the Little Monkeys like him too. So, that's 3 generations of monkeys!!!

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    If I had the money FFM I'd have us all an ME Neil Diamond concert of our very own! You can just tell hes lovely man!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    That would be great ISOM, what a great way to meet all our MSE friends.

• boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Sorry but have to hijack thread to say I'M GOING TO SEE NEIL DIAMOND!!!!! HEHEH!!! jUST BOOKED...L18 which are good tickets! Like the oscars thaks to Weezl who told me it was on and epecial thanks to my mum...whos paying!! We decided o watch it on telly & mum lasted about 1 line & said quick book em!! Both of us feel that its a once in a lifetime and he's getting on a bit so it will almost certainly be the last time he's here...whats quite sad is that I know the words and mum doesent!! Mum is already i love with him..."its those brown eyes that does it"...suspect the same happened with my dad lol!!
    (sorry terribly off topic but hey I forraged for weird stuff so think the lovely Weezl will let me off (plus its her fault!) ...
    Weezl are you alive?!!

Back to topic and spinach & cheese pie recipe would be fab! I recon you could post on here so other pepys can share too! Just try to make sure you post the author/book for copyright stuff!

You lucky so and so. Gutted as a mate of ours put his tickets on fleabay, and i would have bought them off him as he made slightly less. should have put them on after tonight...ha, serves him right.
    I am loving these recipes and this thread..absolutely fab.:T
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To echo ISOM - are you still alive and kicking?

Its been a l...o..n...g and tiring day...but hey I just checked in before a well-deserved night in my comfortable bed - and there you aren't!!

Come on now....tell me whats what then.....

It could be that you and ISOM need me to keep you both on the straight and narrow:D ...mind you - there's others who would roll over on the floor killing themselves laughing at the mere whisper of me keeping anyone on the straight and narrow:D ..I'll start with my elderly parents and work out from there to see if theres anyone still with a straight face at the thought;)

ISOM - me blog - just click on my icon on this thread and then look for the bit entitled "home page" underneath it (thats me blog!).

Sorry weezl you are having problems getting in to leave comment...dont quite understand that...though I know I have Internet Explorer 7(?) as my browser and no problemo. I might be too tired tomorrow after my day today for owt much in that or any other direction...the sound of gentle snores - or New Age music emanating gently from my home...we'll see. I am hoping to get round to adding more....and I have duly twisted a real world friend's arm to do a guest post at some point (hes been informed all good blogs have a guest post or two at some point - so hes it...please be gentle with him when he does...). (So Hard-Up Hester - put him down - hes a nice young man;) .)
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    oh no...no mrs weezl still....hope shes ok....come back weezl!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport