PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Uses for old buttons

Options

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your memory bracelet is a beautiful idea. Love lives forever in memories
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aw, thanks math, you made me feel better about it.
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My sister has a gorgeous jumper from Next decorated with buttons - it cost her a fortune. It's cream cotton with mother of pearl buttons sewn into a heart shape on the front. You could do the same onto kids jumpers/t shirts - heart shaped / star shaped / smiley face. No need for artistic skill what-so-ever. Much cheaper than Next.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats a cool idea. thanks lucie, think my daughter would like them on her jeans, with some on a tshirt,

thanks lucie.
  • Tabasco_Sauce
    Options
    There are some lovely ideas here but please be careful if allowing children to play with buttons though as they are a quite considerable choking hazzard. Also be careful when fixing them to childrens clothes as buttons coming loose could need some medical attention and intervention (16011996 has already pointed out that she has had to remove something from a bowel ;))
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if yuve got the patience sew them into the hems of voile curtains or net curtains as the weigh them down and they hang better

i did it once but got sick of sewing them on so used the old farts fishing lead weights instead lol

you could thread them through wax cotton and use them as counters when the kids are learning to count

you could get a big bunch of them threaded and carry it in your pocket, if anyone jumps you whack em with it

assault with a deadly button?? theyd never charge you

lol
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i did it once  but got sick of sewing them on   so used the old farts fishing lead weights instead    lol

you could thread them through wax cotton and use them as counters when the kids are learning to count

you could  get a big bunch of them threaded and carry it in your pocket, if anyone jumps you whack em with it

assault  with a deadly button??  theyd never charge you

lol

rotflmao. gotta do the button defense thing. only problem is i'm running out of buttons. ;D
  • carrottopsuk
    Options
    was bit worried had offended you, glad you lol.  ;D

my daughter says sew them allon a bag, it'll look cool, yes by the time i'm finished i'd have no fingers left.

sorry 160 - just re-reading the thread & realised you had already mentioned the bag idea before I posted. Sorry - must change those glasses
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ;D don't worry i do it all the time. :o
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sew an old button onto your dishcloth
    it makes it easy to rub off dried food stains on work surfaces when you are wiping them ;D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure