PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

Options

Comments

• Cornishpixie_2
    Options
    Since giving up work I find I have more time, but tend to do less around the house. Kids on hols for over 2 weeks, thus motivation to clean zilch. Weather rubbish but supposed to be taking them on egg hunt,(will have to been volunteered to help the under 5's):eek: .Hubby working alll day till tomorrow, so we had our roast last night at gone 7, as hubby cooking in kitchen with box of wine:rotfl: Kind of relying on kids over eating on the chocolate so I don't have to be too creative in the kitchen. When hubs working rely on my delectable sofa suppers. shocking!!!!;)
    Grocery challenge june £300/ £211-50.
    Grocery challenge july £300/£134-85.
  • kunekune
    kunekune Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Options
    What a relief!

OK:

I blew my GC on Saturday when I spent £20 buying a chicken and a joint of lamb at the 'fine food fair'. We ate nearly a whole chicken last night and I threw away the carcass.

We change the sheets on the first Sunday of the month. That's the week I do the toilets, too.

There is clutter everywhere, books, magazines, pencils, bits of chocolate wrapper. I am immune to it and get annoyed when DH tries to tidy up because then I have to tell him where it goes. And it doesn't go anywhere.

All my drying goes in the TD because we don't have an outdoor washing line and the only room with room for a rack is on the fourth floor. The washing machine is on the ground floor and it's just too far. Stairs are why it takes me so long to get round to taking washing down and bringing it back up.

I just told DS to leave me alone and watch tv quietly. I declined to listen to her reading a hymn (how on earth did I manage to get a child who is 'above average' in RE? we keep telling her we don't believe, she says "well I do").

There are rather a lot of empty wine bottles in the kitchen/living room. Many of them are from last night. And we didn't have visitors.
    Mortgage started on 22.5.09 : £129,600
    Overpayments to date: £3000
    June grocery challenge: 400/600
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Options
    Brilliant thread, I have just been sitting here giggling all the way through reading it....

I happily inform people "I don't do ironing"....
    If the kids choose not to bring their school uniforms down for washing until 8pm Sunday evening, then it's them that has to sort it, not me...
    I ordered a takeaway pizza to be delivered last night as I'd spent the day making cinnamon sugar swirly bread, banana bread & homemade hob-nobs, so I was tired. Despite having a pack of chicken breasts in the fridge, and jars of Chicken Tonight sauce in cupboard (on bogof).

You have to clean toilets????????!?!?!?!?

oops.......
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• Benthosboy
    Benthosboy Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options

You have to clean toilets????????!?!?!?!?

Don't believe everything you read. If you listen to this lot, they'll have you believe that you have to seperate colours before the "Washing Fairies" take your clothes away :rotfl:

Personally, I've fallen head over heels in love with some of the posters on this thread. (I just hope they're all women, "any port in a storm" sounds okay at a distance, close up, however....:o ) With domestic abilities like she's got, Moneysavingmumofone sounds like my kind of gal :D:D:D

Martyn.
    LBM: 12.2.08.
    Debt-free as of July '09 :j and determined not to go there, ever again :mad:
    DFW Nerd Club #902 Proud to have dealt with my debts.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gingham....it's threads like this that lighten my load. I spend too long these days getting upset about all the stuff that overwhelms me and gets me down because I haven't tackled ANY of it. :rolleyes:

Thank you to you and all the other lovely normal people who have admitted to being less God like and more slob like! :D

If I were to list all my confessions here, I'd still be typing come late afternoon, but suffice to say in order to get to my computer and write this....I had to kinda side sweep everything that was on the desk and [strike]chuck it over the edge[/strike] gently place it in a neat pile on the floor. :rotfl:

I also have a 'communal' fruitbowl. ;)
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Options
    Benthosboy wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read. If you listen to this lot, they'll have you believe that you have to seperate colours before the "Washing Fairies" take your clothes away :rotfl:

Noooooooo............
    Benthosboy wrote: »
    Personally, I've fallen head over heels in love with some of the posters on this thread. (I just hope they're all women, "any port in a storm" sounds okay at a distance, close up, however....:o ) With domestic abilities like she's got, Moneysavingmumofone sounds like my kind of gal :D:D:D

And have you told her.... :) I have learned so much from this site that I have taught my "Personal Advisor" at my bank a few things - I went for my annual review last week & they discovered in 2 mins that there wasn't anything they could tell me I didn't already know... lol!!!
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been living on cereal, chocolate, coffee and cigs for the past week. I have the odd banana when I feel like I should be eating healthy food. Stuff gets hidden rather than put away.

As long as I don't get up late, and I get my clicks and surveys done every day, I think I'm doing OK.

:rolleyes:
    Bulletproof
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK here's mine
    I have a pile of washing that would make the man from the chinese laundry faint
    my bathroom is gross but it needs replacing so thats my excuse
    the kitchen floor needs a good scrub where the dog tramples in mud and brings it in
    I've never been able to get the hang of planning a weeks menu and sticking to it
    I forget quite frequently to put the bm on resulting in someone having to pop to the shops for bread
    [EMAIL="I@m"]I'm[/EMAIL] sure there's lot's more:o
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I too have some confessions :o

Im so knackered and I dont even have any kids to blame it on.

Im living with OH and some mates in a shared house, so the housework has been split 4 ways which is good, as Ive avoided doing anything.

my contribution to cooking over the last fortnight has been a veggie curry with a jar sauce and only veggie as I couldnt be bothered to go to supermarket AGAIN for meat. I claim its ethical reasons of not wanting to buy supermarket meat and everyone has swallowed it ;)

Havent meal planned for about 4 months

Heating is on full wack to dry the clothing even though its stifling in here

Every day I moan about how much money I spend on 'lunches' which often involve a diet coke, some grim motorway service station overpriced pasty and 2x snickers. Despite having a perfectly functioning flask for soup and all the gizmos under the sun I cant be mithered to make it

Dinner last night was 2x packet of crisps and a slice of not HM treacle tart & not HM custard and about 20 fags.

Bedsheets are covered in dog hair and muddy paw prints but I cant even be bothered to change them might ask OH nicely today :o

Keep buying mr muscle even tho we live in a v ethical household on th eproviso that it makes it easier for me to clean, not that I do.

My van is utterly disgusting, even tho my employer will pay for the valet I still cant be bothered to take it, now its got to the point im actually ashamed and if any of my collegaues go in it they might think ( how could they!) im a trogg. I do have a can of oust in there I idly spray once a while.
    All my precious CDs are flung on the floor and scratched to hell.

And still I moan that everythings a mess and filthy. But god, Im so shattered i cant do a thing about it.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • studentgirl_2
    Options
    I have 3 bin bags of ironing in the boot of my car because my sister is coming for lunch tomorrow and I have nowhere to put it all!
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Iv loved reading this thread over my morning coffee, but the above has to be my fav, its put a smile on my face for a few hours.

Have a fab easter all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport