PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Confessions of a very tired old styler. Please join in.

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I would, but i have a problem:confused: I don't want one of those pull along trolleys, I don't like stardrops, and I use fabric conditioner, not white vinegar:o And I think she's been lovely to Quackers:T

Dont worry CM Im charging Quackers for all help needed:rotfl: :rotfl:

Big question now................(lights down dramatic music) when did you last clean your loo(s)

A. This morning of course - everyday for me
    B. gosh I think it may be every two days or so
    C. When it looks like it needs it
    D. Do you have to clean a loo??

CM if its C or D then really really start to worry cos we may be related:rotfl:
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For me it would have to be the alternative option:

E - when I ask OH to do it because that it is one task that I have never been able to do - thank god I dont live alone! x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I need to go to bed but first I have to go into the garden in my dressing gown and make like the Easter Bunny and hide eggs. I've had several large glasses of wine and can't read the Egg Hunt map that I wrote earlier. And the only torch I can find is one that you attach to your head. :o

The mental image that conjured up has just made me laugh out loud! x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Dont worry CM Im charging Quackers for all help needed:rotfl: :rotfl:

Big question now................(lights down dramatic music) when did you last clean your loo(s)

A. This morning of course - everyday for me
    B. gosh I think it may be every two days or so
    C. When it looks like it needs it
    D. Do you have to clean a loo??

CM if its C or D then really really start to worry cos we may be related:rotfl:

All I'm prepared to admit to , is that it's not necessarily option A :o
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    All I'm prepared to admit to , is that it's not necessarily option A :o

mmmmm a politician i suspect
  • tylersbabe
    tylersbabe Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for a great post

So glad I went to the loo before I started reading (note to self order free sample of tena ladys ) :rotfl:

Well my deep dark confesions are, I am currently in bed training self for forthcoming night shifts :confused:
    In my rush to bed so I could stay awake
    I walked past all the washing up (that has been there all day)
    side stepped past the pile of iorning on middle landing (rather than bring upstairs)
    Brushed teeth and noticed there was mold on my asda value shower curtain :eek:
    and just turned tap off and rushed to into bed :D so I could stay awake :rolleyes:
    Mortgage Owed: Sept 14 - £107398.20
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All of this is making me feel quite virtuous for a change.

I've only got 2 pairs of chinos left to iron, and the washing machine has just finished with this week's washing. :A

For tomorrow, as well as Sunday lunch, I've got the ingredients for a batch of carbonara sauce. :A :A

And last night, after the lady involved had to ask me for a "rain check" on a hot date, what did I do? Cooked up panful of Bolognese sauce for the freezer! :A :A :A

This can't last.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    omg im worse than the lot of you:rotfl:
    I NEVER iron anything:o
    rarely mop or hoover, my oh does it every week or so:o
    my bath was full of washing earlier and i have no clean clothes (except stuff that doesnt fit:rolleyes: ) and only have clean underwear cos i bought new:o
    £450 has been spent on crap in 2 weeks:eek:
    we've had 2 takeaways in the past week
    my ds done a lovely crayon mural on our white front room wall weeks ago and ive only made one 10 second attempt at getting it off
    we're going to have to have a cleaning/tidying day before we can let anyone in our flat for our ds' birthdy party on the 30th
    i threw a whole chicken out a few days ago cos it'd been in the fridge too long
    potatoes are frequently wasted as i keep using the lazy option (chips from the chinese downstairs or tesco frozen roast potatoes:o )
    we had a microwave meal tonight
    i rarely eat fruit and keep stuffing my face with chocolate even though i keep moaning about how fat i am
    oh also has to clean the toilet about once a week as i refuse to touch it
    my poor ds has been wearing completely unmatching pyjamas for about 4 days, 2 of those days he was wearing shorts:o
    my oh is wearing shorts tonight as he has no clean trousers
    ill stop there before everyones opinion of me sinks even lower;)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    My house is immaculate - we are selling and can expect viewers at an hours notice - SO WHERE ARE THEY! :rolleyes:

But, this is at a price. *I have bought wipes for everywhere just so I can do it quickly. *I've bought those toilet duck things so I can chuck the toilet brush. *I've bought a special 'puppy' dusting microfibre gadget that fits onto the hand - the Yorkie wouldn't play! *I bought a special microfibre cloth to clean stainless steel with.

I spend so much energy cleaning each day I've none left for ironing and it is folded neatly in the airing cupboard. I'm doing a load of washing a day so things don't back up and get stinky - especially tea towels that get stuck under the sink when wet!

My budget has been busted for three months. The cost of all these wipes and special cleaning products is - OUCH!

I have only been to the allottment once since November.

I'm using 2in1 washing tablets not value powder.

Whew, better with that of me chest!
  • jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    What a great thread. I love that saying "Doing housework whilst your kids are still growing is like shovelling snow like it's still snowing"

My house is a pit most of the time as all my energy at the mo goes into studying, working and staying vaguely sane.

I have a garden full of weeds and there's cat pooh all over my front lawn :eek: .

There are cobwebs everywhere. My allotment I just got is neglected. I don't use vinegar in my washing machine, gloop or value powder. But I do clean my loo at least once a day as I've got a DS who pees all over the floor!

Jan :A xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport