PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share -IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST!!!

Options

Comments

• sarahpeck
    sarahpeck Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Fabulous idea. I tried to post a reply the other day when the thread was locked so I'm please it's up and running again.

Count me in for atleast a couple of squares, just need to find my needles. I think I buried them when I was sorting thorugh the loft room for ebay treasure!

Another vote for Help the Aged.

Thanks

:j
    Wooligans squares so far - 15 x 8" :D Posted
    Smoky squares so far - 20 x 8" :DPosted
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PENPEN - that is a beautiful square - our first one! It seems that everyone is happy to support Help the Aged. It is a really good cause. As I said at the start of the thread, please don't rush to do the squares; I've deliberately given it a long time limit because we are all lead such busy lives and the blanket (s!) won't be needed until next autumn/winter.

I can't believe the positive vibes I'm getting from all you lovely people - it is so uplifting to know that so many of you want to contribute. I've even had people who don't knit or crochet telling me they would if they could! Who knows - we may be on to something really special!

Many thanks to you all so far. I shall contact Help the Aged as soon as I can and find out what they think. All your suggestions have been logged, especially about the mini-meets; that is a very popular one for obvious reasons.

I'll keep you all informed.

Have a great evening, all of you.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Lily-Lu
    Lily-Lu Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd love to join in, but a mini-meet is out of the question for me, as I can't drive.
    So, unless I can actually send it somewhere:confused:
  • C1aire
    C1aire Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, PP's square looks just like what all my crochet projects end up being, so no reason why I can't manage a square or two. One question (apologies this is basic) what's dk yarn and will it be easy to spot/ask for in the shop?

Oh, and help the Aged sounds good to me, but if there are lot of blankets, what about Shelter too?
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Count me in. I'll just post mine to Moiliere. Unless someone wants to shout me a ticket over. :D
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    C1aire wrote: »
    Oooh, PP's square looks just like what all my crochet projects end up being, so no reason why I can't manage a square or two. One question (apologies this is basic) what's dk yarn and will it be easy to spot/ask for in the shop?

Oh, and help the Aged sounds good to me, but if there are lot of blankets, what about Shelter too?

DK is Double Knitting - it describes the thickness of the yarn - the ball band will explain that, and an assistant will understand if you ask ;)

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • C1aire
    C1aire Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    DK is Double Knitting - it describes the thickness of the yarn - the ball band will explain that, and an assistant will understand if you ask ;)

HTH, Penny. x

Thanks PP. I'll be off to the dept store this weekend. Another good excuse to nosy through the craft section...
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just finished my first knitted square, did it in stocking stitch so it will need pressing and then I will try to post piccie tomorrow, off to start another one in red and then I have found some ginger coloured wool, I take it that we are sticking to the plan for warm colours Kathy?

knittedsq1IMG_0087.jpg
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • The_Good_Fairy
    Options
    Count me in, I will do a mixture of knitted ones and crocheted ones, perfect for while watching TV :D

And Help The Aged sounds good to me!

I can help at mini-meet too if its not too far away :)
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek: might want to scratch the PO box idea its not such a thrifty idea having seen the price :eek:
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family