MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Howard and Marion replace Richie’s tenner?

Options

Comments

• nufnufnicky_2
    Options
    Give him a fiver n make him mow the lawn!!!
  • ATT_2
    ATT_2 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    £10!! Why was he carrying it around instead of putting it in high interest savings... teach the little scamp :).

I'd buy him a wallet and that way in future he won't have money stuffed into pockets, but would not reimburse the tenner - thus making it not a loss, but learning experience.
  • brigittecampbell
    Options
    Kids today need to learn the value of money. It doesn't grow on trees. People work hard to earn it. To bail him out is the soft option; he must learn to look after his money. What happens the enxt time he "loses" it?
  • viletrog_2
    Options
    :money: :money: This child should be thoroughly beaten, sent to his room, starved for a week and then when he has learnt to value money (money, money - it's a gas!), stuff his emaciated shell up a chimney for a further week, just to ram the lesson home.
  • somewhere_sunlight
    Options
    No dont replace it
    Vampires Rock :eek:
  • englishmac
    englishmac Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    tsmlion wrote: »
    Replace it you tight gits.

One day soon he will grow up and you will die and as you roll into the flames in the cheapest nastiest box he could find he will have his revenge.

Pay up and look big. You only live once.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Laughing my socks off!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Cheap and cheerful. Preferably free. :T LBM - more a gradual rude awakening.
    DFD where the light is at the end of this very long tunnel - there, see it? Its getting brighter!! :o

DFW Nerd Club Member no. 946. Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts. :D
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no they shouldnt
    you learn by your mistakes .

maybe thought they could offer to give him another ten pound note but he has to work for it such as chores etc so that he can see the benifits of the money

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • englishmac
    Options
    viletrog wrote: »
    :money: :money: This child should be thoroughly beaten, sent to his room, starved for a week and then when he has learnt to value money (money, money - it's a gas!), stuff his emaciated shell up a chimney for a further week, just to ram the lesson home.

... and make sure he cleans the chimney while he's there??? I think you need to add further chores to this as well if you want to show him the value of a tenner!! :rotfl:
    DFD where the light is at the end of this very long tunnel - there, see it? Its getting brighter!! :o

• englishmac
    Options
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    ... And £25 for week's pocket money??? That is craziness. :eek: That's half this family's food budget for the week.

Tell me about it - £25 is this couple's fortnightly food budget.

• kinglar
    Options
    No, I totally agree with Marion, Ritchie has to learn about life and to be careful with money because if his parents replace the money everytime he loses any, he will expect it all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure