PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Brie. need some recipe ideas

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi there :beer: I'll add this to the existing brie thread to keep ideas together.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Brie is nice in quiche

Made an onion and bacon quiche yesterday - we're having it for lunch!

Browsed a couple of recipes online for ideas, found one for a Brie and Canadian bacon quiche that looked quite promising, until I read the ingredients list ....'Take 12 eggs.....!!'. Thought that was a bit much for just the two of us! :rotfl:
  • fifitrix123
    fifitrix123 Posts: 346 Forumite
    Options
    Buy some frozen vol au vent cases, and a tin of creamed mushrooms to go on toast.
    Place some of the brie to melt in the vol au vents in the oven then pour over the heated creamed mushrooms and place a little more brie to melt on top... yummy for a snack.......
  • yraunaj
    yraunaj Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    do you have to remove the white skin, and if so whats the best way to do this.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    No you can eat the white skin but if you don't want to then remove it with a sharp knife (it's hard to avoid losing some of the cheese that way though so you may prefer to trim the thick edge but keep the top and bottom crust if that makes sense).
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • mudgekin
    mudgekin Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    Another delicious way to have it is to saute some finely chopped onions in some butter and then add some flour and milk to make a white sauce. Add chiopped up brie to taste and then pour over cooked chicken and pop under the grill to brown.

Alternatively beat 2 egg whites till stiff, fold in 3 tbsp mayonaise and finely shred or grade brie to taste. Pour over cauliflower or broccoli and pop under a hiot grill till the topping becomes like a soufle and is browned on top.

I tend to use those 2 toppings with lots of things and sometimes even just serve the brie sauce with boiled or baked ham
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    My Mum brought me a load of yellow stickered food and I am trying as part of "Frugal January" to use all of it and not go to the supermarket.

I have a small Brie and Blue Brie which I know would be yummy on biscuits but I was wondering if I could convert these into a nice meal instead.

At the moment I am thinking pasta sauce or soup but I can't think what goes with Brie, I need some inspiration, and it has to be cheap so unfortunatly no sauces for steak!!!

Thanks in advance x
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,714 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It makes a nice quiche with leeks - if you cut it in thin slices. Rose Elliott also has a nice lasagne recipe where you stew down red onions and layer in a lasagne with brie with some white sauce - top the last layer with more slices of brie and bake
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • onetomany
    onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
    Options
    yum yum with garlic mushrooms, i love brie with bacon and cranburry sauce on crusty roll yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, steaks?
  • loki13
    loki13 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    In a salad (perfect weather for it:snow_laug) with some hard boiled eggs, and fry a little bacon, then make a dressing in the frypan with some mustard and lemon juice and a little oil. Pour hot dressing over some salad leaves, tomatoes and the eggs and cheese.

Possibly my favourite meal ever :j
    I refuse to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills