Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• mircea
    mircea Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

I have been trying for ages to get this sky deal and I opened a chat window on sky website to check with their customer service. This is what he told me:

Ian: The reason why this will not go through is the £150 cashback has been blocked by sky as the cashback is not a real deal
    Ian: The order can be done still but the cash back will not be a offer sky can give
    Ian: Is this ok still?
    Does not look very promising!
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gave up and went for talk talk phone/broadband, got £48 in my quidco a/c within 24 hours. My kids watch too much tv anyway!
  • gills_4
    Options
    It's great to have these cheap TV sites, but I don't want 100 channels beamed into my flat. I'm resisting cable and satellite for as long as I can - as I know my legs will atrophy soon enough!
  • LoveRV
    LoveRV Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    The link has been down since wednesday afternoon. I have been trying for ages. Get completely fed up now.
  • isthatreduced
    Options
    mircea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I have been trying for ages to get this sky deal and I opened a chat window on sky website to check with their customer service. This is what he told me:

Ian: The reason why this will not go through is the £150 cashback has been blocked by sky as the cashback is not a real deal
    Ian: The order can be done still but the cash back will not be a offer sky can give
    Ian: Is this ok still?
    Does not look very promising!

I spoke to customer services on Sunday and they told me if the link was on Topcashback then it would pay out,or they would take the link off the site(Topcashback),I would presume the same for all cashback sites.
  • moredough
    moredough Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I'd give this offer a go but when i clicked through from Quidco and tried signing up to Sky I get this message.

We are unable to offer Sky Broadband, as BT's database registers this telephone number as disconnected. You will need an active BT phone line in order to get Sky Broadband.

My line rental/broadband is currently with Talktalk. Ex BT.

Anyone got any ideas, or managed to switch to Sky from Talktalk.

If I phoned them to switch, then I'd probably lose the Quidco cashback. :mad:
  • moredough
    moredough Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Sky website has this in FAQ's

Do I need a BT telephone line?

You need a BT compatible telephone line to use Sky broadband, you do not have to be a BT customer. We check this when you order. If you are moving from a different telephone company or have recently moved to a new house, you need to be the registered owner of that telephone line. We suggest you wait 24 hours after your telephone line has been activated before signing up for Sky Broadband.
  • roscoe5279
    Options
    t4v wrote: »
    Are there any tips anyone can give to haggle with them. I got though to India and I was wondering if I got though to Scotland I may do better, is there a time of day when my chances of getting though there is more likely?

I spoke to sky at the end of a month to cancel and was told that they had a monthly "budget" which they could use up to pacify customers. I ended up with free phone calls for a year (01 and 02 no.s only) if I changed my line to sky (cheaper than BT) and SKY+ for £50. But got £30 credited to my account. Meaning it was only really £20.:j

I think this could be risky though, as if they have already pacified alot of customers then that budget will be spent. You just have to keep trying.

Incidently my phone bill had a £5.00 call to sky on it, (08704 no.) so it does take some time. Worth trying though.
  • vmf199
    vmf199 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    greyster wrote: »
    If you just want broadband, its still cheaper to go with cable, if you can get it. Cashback sites apply too.

Which cable one's are cheaper?

Also can I ask a really stupid question with sky do you have to have a satellite dish? And if you do do they dismantle this for free when you end your contract after 12 months?

Many thanks
    CC 0% £1,700
    £1000 overdraft paid off -woo hoo
    Challenges - live on£4k for year, £2 savings
  • mymatebob
    mymatebob Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Options
    vmf199 wrote: »
    Which cable one's are cheaper?

Also can I ask a really stupid question with sky do you have to have a satellite dish?
    Yes you do (for Sky TV)
    And if you do do they dismantle this for free when you end your contract after 12 months?
    No they don't

Many thanks

See above please
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills