Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• kirstle99
    kirstle99 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well, we have ordered Sky TV & Broadband package via Topcashback last night. Will post if anything materialises. We were paying £25 per month to out old ISP anyway (pipex) because of the unlimited DL limit. So upping it to £29 per month for us to have the same internet connection PLUS 4 mixes of sky TV is a good deal for us.
    We live in a Virgin area, and know so many people that pay a fortune for it, and how crappy their internet service is that we didn't even consider them. Hope we get a good service, has been great so far.

Oh my god! Just logged on to Topcashback to check and the £150 is pending! Coolio! (Estimated payable date is 31st May 2008. I bought this last night, 6th Marh). I know its not labelled as confirmed yet but at least it's a start.

Just for people to be aware, DO NOT run any virus scanners (or similar programs that remove tracking cookies) because this might be why you are not getting paid from the cashback sites, as they can't track where you've been.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    Perhaps the decision is already made for you. Ring Sky and check whether or not your area can get the broadband connection. In mine, NG34, Sky say BT won't let them into the exchange, so, although Iwanted to take up a paackage like this, I couldn't anyway!

Seems like BS from Sky, BT cant stop them putting equipment in the exchange, trouble is all the big ISPS are choosing the large towns and cities and leaving all the small stuff out
  • ChuckleVision_2
    Options
    Damn. I can't get Sky Broadband in my area. Very annoying. Not worth it for me now, as I only wanted it for the broadband (because my current IDSL contact runs out soon).

"You can get Sky Broadband Connect. You have been offered Sky Broadband Connect because you are not in a Sky Broadband network area. You are eligible for a discount on Sky+ or Sky HD boxes if you add Sky Talk. Interested? Call 08442 411 495 for full details on what’s available."
  • Richie23_2
    Richie23_2 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    Remember

Rpoints will match any other cashback sites on offers.
    The are offering £100 for sky but quidco £150m if you go through rpoints you can make a claim called "higher cashback claim" fill a form out and day or so later they match it all. Soem can take up to 14days mind but havent come across this in all my cases yet.

Good luck!
  • LoveRV
    LoveRV Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I still can't sign up Sky through any websites (Topcashback, etc). Can anyone please help me why my pc doesn't allow me to sign up for Sky. From Topcashback (or any cashback websites), I can click ALL other retailers very easily. It's only this Sky.

COMPUTER EXPERTS, ANYONE PLEASE HELPPP...

THANKS.
  • dazco
    dazco Posts: 19,261 Forumite
    Options
    kirstle99 wrote: »
    Well, we have ordered Sky TV & Broadband package via Topcashback last night. Will post if anything materialises. We were paying £25 per month to out old ISP anyway (pipex) because of the unlimited DL limit. So upping it to £29 per month for us to have the same internet connection PLUS 4 mixes of sky TV is a good deal for us.
    We live in a Virgin area, and know so many people that pay a fortune for it, and how crappy their internet service is that we didn't even consider them. Hope we get a good service, has been great so far.

Oh my god! Just logged on to Topcashback to check and the £150 is pending! Coolio! (Estimated payable date is 31st May 2008. I bought this last night, 6th Marh). I know its not labelled as confirmed yet but at least it's a start.

Just for people to be aware, DO NOT run any virus scanners (or similar programs that remove tracking cookies) because this might be why you are not getting paid from the cashback sites, as they can't track where you've been.

I am confused by this post.

There is nothing wrong with Virgin broadband, it is rated much higher than skys.
    S!!!!horpe
  • hollyhurst
    Options
    consumer wrote: »
    Hi,

Ordered completely online yesterday, quidco also tracked.

But, it is showing amount of £40 instead of advertised £150 on their website.

Any suggestions what can be done?

Me too!

Just emailed Quidco, to find out why?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    LoveRV wrote: »
    I still can't sign up Sky through any websites (Topcashback, etc). Can anyone please help me why my pc doesn't allow me to sign up for Sky. From Topcashback (or any cashback websites), I can click ALL other retailers very easily. It's only this Sky.

COMPUTER EXPERTS, ANYONE PLEASE HELPPP...

THANKS.

I think the last part of Kirstle99's post above may answer this?
  • LoveRV
    LoveRV Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I have removed my antivirus software, antispyware, and firewall. I have tried to use my partner's PC. I have tried to use Firefox browser. and I still can't access the SKY link from every cashback websites. The interesting thing is I CAN ACCESS ALL OTHER RETAILERS FROM TOPCASHBACK (OR ANY CASHBACK WEBSITES).

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASEEE.. ???
  • skyjumper
    skyjumper Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    moving into a rented house on the 2nd of Aril. never had sky before and would like to avail this offer. as i will only be able to get a landline sorted by the move in day (2/4/08), and looking at the sky website, i could gather that u need a landline no. if u need to book a new account,
    can anyone suggest a good way to go about this.
    can i just book one for them to connect for the last week of March and then call and postpone the date, provided i could get a landline number from the previous tenants of the house? any ideas??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure