Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• Toastie
    Toastie Posts: 389 Forumite
    Options
    Luckily i went to see the sky bloke up and the town centre. It didn't look promising. I asked if you had the free sky dish still because where i live has a poor signal, reply "Yes you do ... er..."

Then he says he needs my house address and postcode and will call me tonight to tell me if i can get the broadband and a good signal for sky.

Does this mean that Quidco will not pay me the cash back because they have my info? Or is it if i only sign up on the phone tonight (i know i won't get cash back but i can put off signing up tonight)

Any help? :confused:
    8,000 / 10,000 saved. Another 2,000 by April 2011!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TO ANYONE NEW TO SKY
    READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU BUY
    LEST AS MANY HAVE DONE YOU CRY

rockrat wrote: »
    well, i cant resist throwing in my two penneth-worth here.
    I was a long standing sky customer with uninterupted subscription for 12 years.

About three years ago i took the multiroom option, at an extra £10 a month, which we had for a year and then i asked to cancel it as it was never used really.
    The service was cancelled, but i continued to be billed.

Every month when my Direct debit was taken, i would call, ask why i was still being billed, i would get the usual platitudes and be assured it would not happen again.

For 14 months this went on, every single month!
    then in one of those calls i enquired about HD, and was made an offer. The offer was to waive the extra £10 a month subs fee due to the last 14 months issues. Nice!
    HD for normal sky+ price, i'll take it.

I paid £200 plus £60 for installation for the box in the SAME conversation, where the operator then did the usual reading out parrot fashion of the standard terms and conditions in rapid fire speech. At the end i asked for confirmation in writing that the monthly fee for HD would be waived as agreed, where the operator then said yes.

The next day i called again to ensure the "system" had all this info entered knowing these guys as i do from the last 14 months problems.
    My new operator said there was nothing on the system , my CCard had been billed for the box and the monthly fee was setup for sky HD, plus multiroom !!!

I knwo the calls are recorded, after 3 days of heckling with the manager, they agreed they had listened to the call and the operator was incorrect and would be "fined", but they would not honour the deal.
    I prompty cancelled the HD installation which had not been done.

It took another 5 MONTHS to get the CCard payment back, and only after i got the office of fair trading involved, and i was still being billed every month for bloody multiroom.!!!

In the end, in november last year i cracked, and much to my kids dismay i cancelled Sky. We all loved the product, but the CService is worse than BT, and that takes some doing.

The ironic thing is, i went and bought the Humax PVR which is outstanding for freeview and we are all happy, the kids no longer miss the disney channel etc and we are £50 a month better off.

Oh, and even though we no longer get the service for the last 3 months, WE STILL GET BILLED EVERY MONTH!!! though i have obviously cancelled the DD so no payment is taken.
    Now they call me to ask why payment cannot be taken every month, and i enjoy putting the phone down, and sending the bills back in the post with some sarcastic comment.

i would not touch them again until convinced they have improved customer service.

AND IF YOU SEARCH THE FORUM YOU'LL FIND OTHER SIMILAR POSTS.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Oldman wrote: »
    Sky have a deal for NEW customers which I have just purchased, £75 one of payment for LIFE, gets you a Sky dish, Sky box, and four months to 4 of their 6 packages. After that it is £19 a month. Of course they hope that you will forget to stop the DD after 3 months, but if all you want is the 'free to air' stuff, then £75 is a pretty good price for a new dish and installation of SKY. This is available from Currys, and ASDA to my knowledge. Might be available in other shops

Ouch, make sure you read the "Warning-Sky £75 pay once watch forever" thread so that you understand the problems you may have with this package, and get some guidance as to what to do!

Good Luck.
  • ChuckleVision_2
    Options
    This sounds like a very good deal to me. My current broadband package runs out 26th March, so this would be idea. I don't really want any outage between the two. How long does it take sky to connect it up to get the internet working?
  • Seal57
    Seal57 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Do you work for Sky??

I am currently with Sky and wanted HD, they quoted me £215 for the box. What a joke. I am stuck with them due to my location.
    My friend lives in a Virgin franchise and just got a deal which consist of the following:
    1 x HD V+ Box, 1 x Standard Box, 20MB Broadband, Talk unlimited, no line rental.
    All in all, it cost him £85 a month and the box was only £75.
    If you want the same from Sky it is going to cost you £82 a month with line rental, for only 1 box and only 8MB Broadband, plus £249 for the HD box and a £30 installation charge.

Last year my cousin who is also with Virgin, received a free upgrade to HD for free as a loyalty bonus. Dont see sky doing that.

Check out who is also the best ISP over the last 3 years between Virgin and Sky, there is no comparison.

You do the maths,

If you stuck with Sky, like myself, due to where you live, unlucky.

much better than Sky
    molan wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone can possibly think Sky is expensive given both the quantity and quality of their content!

I pay about £55 a month for the full package with sports and movies including HD with Sky+. Given that this is a paltry £1.80 a day I think it's an absolute bargain - I spend more than that on wine alone.

I did all the maths and worked out the cost of the odd DVD rental as well and Sky was way cheaper than any other combination.

Personally I'd go for the full package with HD (which is brilliant for movies and sports) .

I've had their broadband for about six months and it's generally been pretty good. The odd outage but no worse than my previous providers - BT & then Pipex.

The real winner for me though is the "on demand" nature of the Sky+ box and the way I can set it to record every episode of a series or a set of sports events etc. I hardly ever watch a programme in "real" time any more and always zap straight through the commercials. It's totally changed the way I think about watching TV.

I've got some friends with Virgin and they've had nothing but problems with their internet connections and their customer service is awful. Sky can be patchy in this regard but in general they've usually been quite helpful whenever I've had to call them.

Oh well, I guess you can't please all the people all of the time but I'm definitely one happy customer!
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    molan wrote: »
    I pay about £55 a month for the full package with sports and movies including HD with Sky+. Given that this is a paltry £1.80 a day I think it's an absolute bargain - I spend more than that on wine alone.

£55/month = £660 per year = mug:p
  • woolfek
    woolfek Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    If you check on the Sky website, I think that you will find the monthly cost has now increased to £19.00, and dont forget the £10.50 p/m BT Line rental!!:mad: Still a good cashback deal though all the same. Cheers KW
    Kev
  • consumer
    consumer Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Does it cause any problems if a new sky subscription is ordered in wife's name to get this deal? Previously, I have been sky customer and have come out of the contract.

I guess many of us living in rented houses have already got the sky dish installed.

(In terms and conditions, it says - this offer is not available to somebody whose household has benefitted from free minidish offer previously).
  • consumer
    consumer Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Ordered completely online yesterday, quidco also tracked.

But, it is showing amount of £40 instead of advertised £150 on their website.

Any suggestions what can be done?
  • isthatreduced
    Options
    contact Quidco,I think I will be taking a screen shot,just incase.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure