🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Skincare & make up for Rosacea ??

Options

Comments

• GFN123
    GFN123 Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick update - my sample of foundation from Elemental arrived today, beautifully wrapped as jeannieblue mentions, and 2 days after ordering as well.

I was actually quite sceptical about whether this powder would actually cover my very uneven, discoloured and scarred skin, but it is wonderful! I didn't believe it would blend in at all, I struggle to get on with almost any foundation, but is soft, light, great coverage (I used a tiny bit damp as concealer) and my skin doesn't feel all clogged up like with most foundations. I am about to go out for the evening, so will report back on how well it lasts (I usually look like an oil slick by the end of the night).

I am really pleased & excited by this discovery! Thank you jeannie for the recommendations :):):)

I also have the comfrey cream on order, as well as organic sensitive skin wash I have used before and an organic day cream. It sounds a bit sad, but I'm sure other sufferers will appreciate how pleased & excited I am by these new discoveries and I can't wait to be fully immersed in my new 'regime'.
    Proud to be a moneysaver :)
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GFN123 wrote: »
    Just a quick update - my sample of foundation from Elemental arrived today, beautifully wrapped as jeannieblue mentions, and 2 days after ordering as well.

I was actually quite sceptical about whether this powder would actually cover my very uneven, discoloured and scarred skin, but it is wonderful! I didn't believe it would blend in at all, I struggle to get on with almost any foundation, but is soft, light, great coverage (I used a tiny bit damp as concealer) and my skin doesn't feel all clogged up like with most foundations. I am about to go out for the evening, so will report back on how well it lasts (I usually look like an oil slick by the end of the night).

I am really pleased & excited by this discovery! Thank you jeannie for the recommendations :):):)

I also have the comfrey cream on order, as well as organic sensitive skin wash I have used before and an organic day cream. It sounds a bit sad, but I'm sure other sufferers will appreciate how pleased & excited I am by these new discoveries and I can't wait to be fully immersed in my new 'regime'.

Trust me, I know exactly how excited you are!!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Im so pleased to hear you are getting on so well with the EB - fantastic stuff as far as Im concerned. For the oil slick I cant recommend the OCM enough,its cleared mine up so much that I actually NEED a night cream :) Now I get a bit of a glow happening around the T zone which I find BE mineral veil copes with
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

:T :beer: me too its FAB!!!

think i was a bit rushed doing it the first time,and put too much on the brush :o it still looked good but was a bit thick / caked in some areas,sides of nose etc

today it looks much better and it still looks good at the end of a busy day too!

off to a wedding on sat, and am soooo glad i have discovered this in time

HUGE thanks to all who helped me :)
  • GFN123
    Options
    Suki - what is the OCM you mentioned? Sorry, you may have posted it further up but I couldn't see what it stands for.

Well, the foundation lasted through 4 hours at the pub. I reckon I would need a light 're-dusting' if I wore it for a whole day but I am very impressed :)

I am probably going for laser treatment next year, and was recommended glycolic peels to help reduce the scars. Has anyone heard anything bad about the peels? With such sensitive skin I am little worried it will burn all my skin off!!
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    RachelB & GFN123,

So glad you are enjoying the make up.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow (no work) and will have a play around with all my new brushes, try out the eye shadows - and importantly for me, if I can use them as an inner eye liner, as well as outer.... will keep you informed.

Meanwhile, tho I had some spots (weather....) the comfrey definitely calms them down. Only trouble I have, is if I apply the comfrey each night, which I do, it is quite greasy and I find that it goes on my pillow and makes my hair greasy :o I'm not a dirty person (only in mind :D ) and wash my hair every other day if poss... but it needs it every day at the moment, but really don't want to give up on the comfrey.. well I won't! Guess I just have to suffer the consequences.. :o
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • GFN123
    Options
    Thanks Jeannieblue :) I am thrilled to have found something that actually works for me, make up has always been a nightmare.

Re. the comfrey being greasy, would it be better if you applied it half an hour before bed, so it has absorbed more, or if you put a towel on the pillow? I did this when I was using rosehip seed oil (good for scars) as it saved me changing the bedlinen too often!
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    Thanks Jeannieblue :) I am thrilled to have found something that actually works for me, make up has always been a nightmare.

Re. the comfrey being greasy, would it be better if you applied it half an hour before bed, so it has absorbed more, or if you put a towel on the pillow? I did this when I was using rosehip seed oil (good for scars) as it saved me changing the bedlinen too often!

Towel is a good idea - should've thought of that - but it would still make hair greasy tho protect the pillow!??

I do try and apply it well before I go to bed - depends how organised I am - sometimes I put a tad too much on. I find that I put it on and whilst watching TV, I'm subconsciously massaging it in more (gently!) - I think that probably helps but not sure. My nose seems less red and 'veiny' since I have been using it - but that could be coincidence!!

I also find that my skin benefits and is less dry. If I have a spot or two (I have just lately :o ), I find that it helps to calm it down and heal. This is my experience.

Comfrey is also good for bruising etc. A bit of ezcema on my leg was driving me nuts earlier and I put some on, its calmed down, but not sure if it was the comfrey or not. I usually resort to Betnovate cream - but would rather not!!

Its all trial and error really, finding what suits you etc. Can't remember now how I found out about Allantoin being a barrier etc. There's a thread on here somewhere...........
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    I should add that Allantoin (healing barrier - allegedly :D ) is (so they said) found in the Viridian comfrey ointment, which why I went for that brand and Elemental Beauty use it in their healing mineral make up, which is why I chose them. I had tried Sheer Cover and Lily Lolo first, but they made me itch!! I have very very temperamental skin!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    I've been playing with my new eye shadows from EB! Lovely little delicious pots that look like they will last me for years!! I'm wearing a shimmering one called Temptation, and with the brushes that I ordered, I wet a small one (think a lip liner) and dipped into a darker shade and mixed in a small empty pot and applied it as an eye liner - perfect and so easy! Made it too watery at first. I then applied some to inner eyelid to see if it would work and it has come off a little (several hours later tho :D ) but think that if I make it drier next time, it will stay on the inner bit.

I am really thrilled! Loving the colours - I asked Nicola to choose for me and said I would like autmnal colours - they are gorgeous and look good enough to eat!!

Admittedly my eyes could look better - but I would need the aid of a plastic surgeon now at my age... I don't think Elemental Beauty supply one of those...... :o shame..
    Genie
    Master Technician
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills