Skincare & make up for Rosacea ??

Options

Comments

• jeannieblue
    Options
    GFN123 wrote: »
    Me too! :cool:

I applied it last night (first time) before bed, but I used it very sparingly and didn't find it very greasy. I did feel like my skin could use 'more' of it somehow, as it was a little dry in the morning. I have used the "big hairband thingy" to keep all my hair off my face and washed my face as soon as I came in from work. I figure it's a waste if my pillow ends up moisturised and not me! :rotfl:

My skin already feels calmer, the mineral make up has been a wonder. It lasts all day at work, no touch-ups, and is the first make up I've ever used that not only looks very natural but hasn't aggravated my skin in any way :) I am so pleased!

If it helps anyone,the moisturiser I'm using is this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACNE-FIGHTING-CREAM-natural-moisturiser-reduces-acne_W0QQitemZ290213749807QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29618QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
    which is fabulous and doesn't dry out my skin like most acne creams but is light and perfect for daytime, and I'm using this cleanser: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=190023148983
    Both sellers are really helpful, Botanico kindly sent me a free sample a while back and wouldn't even accept postage costs, and the other lady will custom blend things if you ask, although I found her creams were too dry for me.

Glad it seems to be helping.... :D

I apply the comfrey depending on what mood I'm in.. plus, as you work down the jar, it gets softer and I found I was putting more on! I think you get to know how much to put on as you know your skin better than anyone. I'm pretty slimed up again tonight - I think the worse the weather, the more slime I need!!

I also need sleep.... just a quick one tonight, busy week - not got the lottery up yet.. :o

Night all.

PS - Not heard from MrsE for awhile. Anyone heard anything from her on other threads or owt??? Missing her.. :o
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re the mineral make up eye shadows...

I really don't have alot of time during the week and need a quick fix really - I used it as an eye liner last weekend and found it to be brilliant, easy and lasting. But, finding a pot to mix it (I used an egg cup :o ), getting the mix right etc., basically, I found it time consuming.

Anyone got any ideas for a quick fix?? :D I allow myself, at most, ten mins to apply all make up during the week before going off to work....

I don't want to get up any earlier.... I allow myself just under 2 hours to get up, down 2 mugs of tea (or I'm the b*tch from hell), then bathroom stuff, hair stuff, breakfast (strictly porridge :o ), then make up, finalise hair, coat on, grab keys and off...

Its the tea thing that takes most of the time but it is a necessity :D
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kudos for even attempting eye makeup on a week day - esp eyeliner

IF (and it is rare as I have really small set eyes) I use eye-liner I use smashbox - fantasticly easy to apply.

If I use the mineral eye-shadow as a liner I use the brush, a bit of spit (well I suck the brush) and the lid of the eye-shadow - you soon get a feel for it
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Kudos for even attempting eye makeup on a week day - esp eyeliner

IF (and it is rare as I have really small set eyes) I use eye-liner I use smashbox - fantasticly easy to apply.

If I use the mineral eye-shadow as a liner I use the brush, a bit of spit (well I suck the brush) and the lid of the eye-shadow - you soon get a feel for it

Firstly - smashbox??? :confused::o

Sucking the brush sounds good - years ago when all you could get was 'cake' mascara (my mum used to have it) - they would spit on the brush and then put in on the mascara (bit like a paintbox, with the paints being solid until wetted - explanation for the 'younger viewers'!).

I've been advised tho, not to use the lid to mix it :o:o:o Guess getting the minerals in the jar wet or damp, wouldn't be a good idea.

I'm going to trying spit tomorrow!!

Ta Suki!

Edit:
    Health & Safety - recommend use your own spit only. Shared spit is not a good idea.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • suki1964
    Options
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223765/walk.yah.UKHB-U073

This is the only one I can get on without making a mess cos I can just jab the brush and dont need my glasses
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.223765/walk.yah.UKHB-U073

This is the only one I can get on without making a mess cos I can just jab the brush and dont need my glasses

I'm liking the look of that Suki - it looks like my kinda thing, and spit friendly too!!

Its late - prob look again and order tomorrow - thank you.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • suki1964
    Options
    No need to spit at all , its a cream already

That wee palette is wee, try find one on Ebay. I pointed to that as I love the choices of colours. I dont wear much eye make up because of such tiny eyes so having small amounts of lots of colours suits me - i love the gold, I wear it most nights Im working
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    No need to spit at all , its a cream already

That wee palette is wee, try find one on Ebay. I pointed to that as I love the choices of colours. I dont wear much eye make up because of such tiny eyes so having small amounts of lots of colours suits me - i love the gold, I wear it most nights Im working
    No spit............. :o not sure I want it now ... :D

Cream eyeliner? Does it stay on? Does it like wrinkly bits? Can you do the inner eyelid?

Answers on a postcard please.........
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • Killercat
    Options
    Hey Rachel B,
    Drinking Aloe Vera gel is known to help with helping to keep Roseacne at bay. You need to take a 100% gel drink, not like some of the stuff you see on the high street. It can be pricey, but this site i know has 10% off just now. I take the juice every day for keeping a bad chest infection at bay and I couldn't do without it. The Aloe drink is known to help with a variety of conditions so I hope you have found this post useful. Check out the website at www.alternativewellbeing.co.uk
    If it works for you you'll be able to wear any type of make up ;)
    All the best.
    KC
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    Killercat wrote: »
    Hey Rachel B,
    Drinking Aloe Vera gel is known to help with helping to keep Roseacne at bay. You need to take a 100% gel drink, not like some of the stuff you see on the high street. It can be pricey, but this site i know has 10% off just now. I take the juice every day for keeping a bad chest infection at bay and I couldn't do without it. The Aloe drink is known to help with a variety of conditions so I hope you have found this post useful. Check out the website at www.alternativewellbeing.co.uk
    If it works for you you'll be able to wear any type of make up ;)
    All the best.
    KC
    Link didn't work???? :o;););)
    Genie
    Master Technician
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts