Options

Comments

• jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here we go.........

http://www.elementalbeauty.co.uk/

I use the healing one - cos of !!!!! skin :D I don't use the concealer - just do a light dust on redder bits first, then start outwards and work inwards, but very gently in a very haphazard way generally as am usually in a rush. Works for me!

When I first tried it, I put far too much on and it all caked - yuk!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • tiamaria
    tiamaria Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know what you mean about the Metrogel, I do wear foundation & you can't put it on over the Metrogel or a moisturiser as it just peels off. It's a topical treatment and doesn't soak into the skin. I just used the Metrogel at nightime, this was enough to clear up the masklike crusty layer of outer skin , It didn't clear up the underlying redness underneath though or the red veins.
  • heathb_2
    Options
    Am very excited as have just ordered sample pots from Elemental Beauty - I'm going with Jeannie Blue's recommendation of the Healing foundation. I have finally got my current makeup supply down to levels that I feel I can now justify buying more.
    I also tried OCM and do like it - not sure how much it actually does for the condition of my skin, but I do enjoy the oily massage and do find little hard bits ease out of my pores (yeuch, but in a good way)...
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    heathb wrote: »
    Am very excited as have just ordered sample pots from Elemental Beauty - I'm going with Jeannie Blue's recommendation of the Healing foundation. I have finally got my current makeup supply down to levels that I feel I can now justify buying more.
    I also tried OCM and do like it - not sure how much it actually does for the condition of my skin, but I do enjoy the oily massage and do find little hard bits ease out of my pores (yeuch, but in a good way)...
    No pressure then................ :o

Really hope you get on with the mineral make up - you may want to nose on the mineral make up thread for other tips and advice etc.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • alm71
    alm71 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Just been diagnosed with rosacea this week. My skin started to play up just after Chrismas and has progressively got worse. I have extremely dry skin on my forehead, nose and cheeks with little red bumpy spots as well. I'm so concious of it. I'm a nurse and everybody's been looking at me as if I've got an awful disease. I've been given Metrogel from my GP but have also bought the redness solutions range from Clinique. I find that when I use my mineral make up it just shows up the dry patches even worse. Is it worth me trying a moisturising foundation?
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tiamaria wrote: »
    I know what you mean about the Metrogel, I do wear foundation & you can't put it on over the Metrogel or a moisturiser as it just peels off. It's a topical treatment and doesn't soak into the skin. I just used the Metrogel at nightime, this was enough to clear up the masklike crusty layer of outer skin , It didn't clear up the underlying redness underneath though or the red veins.

just when this thread popped up again I wanted to say I've also found the night time application enough to clear up the rough skin. Although I do get pretty red if it gets too hot or anything. I'm wearing foundation pretty much all the time now but my regular foundation is still doing the job okay.

alm71 I was diagnosed just after christmas and it was pretty much under control within about three weeks of using the metrogel, hopefuly yours will clear up a bit within a few weeks. My skin isn't perfect but it is pretty much normal :) so there is hope.
  • fishingwidow
    fishingwidow Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2009 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Hi Ladies....A post virgin in need of some advice. I'm being treated for suspected mild Rosacea on my face. Hoping to be referred to a Dermatologist on next visit to the Drs!!!!!

I am trying to find a moisturiser that i can use on my face. Have tried several before suspected rosacea, but they all made my face burn and go red :(.....i dont use make up very often, but after all this trouble am now to nervous to try ANYTHING!! After sitting with my hands on my face talking, my face became sore and red, after much thinking i put it down to holding the dishcloth which had been in the soapy water about 3 hours previous, and it must have stayed on my hands!!!

I dont know much about Rosacea and would appreciate some help and advice if possible, especially as the summer is coming and im thinking Sun cream!!! I also have no idea what causes there may be or what has been suggested to avoid !

Please help me ...........
    :wave:
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi fishingwidow, just to let you know i was diagnosed a bit after Xmas, used the antibiotic cream just at night (as recommended by some kind soul here because it does rub off a bit which does look like your skin is hanging off :)) and it has all settled down really well although I'm being careful about the sun.

Might be worth patch testing some creams to see if you react. But if you can't use them then maybe olive oil? I know there is stuff about the oil cleansing method on here if you search for it.

I think mine was mostly stress if that helps - death of a close relative just before Xmas combined with mad work and other stuff. Would that apply to you?
  • fishingwidow
    Options
    Hi Belfastgirl, thanks for the reply...mine could be stress related....i have 4 children !!! I know what u mean about skin falling off when using the cream.LOL.. The redness has settled and i do have it mild (if that is what it is) but anytime I have anything come into contact with my skin like the dish cloth thing above then my skin goes sore and red and burns alittle...its driving me mad!! got the Dr next week so hopefully she will refer me to a dermatologist!!!!
    I will read through this thread and have a look for the cleansing method...got to get kids moving! thanks again
    :wave:
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    Hi Fishingwidow!

I found comfrey ointment calmed my skin down fantastically - I did have a bit of hunt to find one that was right! There may be something on this thread or mineral make up thread about it. It is very greasy - you need to use very little, and I tend to apply it at night only for that reason.

During the day I use a Liz Earle moisturiser - light and Elemental Beauty mineral make up - the healing foundation which contains allantoin - it has healing qualities.

Re the allantoin - it is found in some comfrey - and the one I found is very rich in it. I will try and find a link to the one that I found, that saved my life! And stress.......... tell me about it!!

The above things that I found and still use over one year on, are still working for me!! Skin tries to flare up - but it never goes mad! And stays under control, which is amazing for me!

Gonna look for the link now... :D
    Genie
    Master Technician
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills